Comcast Eng 3, Network Engineering (Security) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for working with the Network and Systems Engineers to
create, maintain, and enforce security policies effecting the network.
Responsible for securing all information and information systems assets
of the Company network infrastructure. Has in-depth experience,
knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work
priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Ensures implementation of security safeguards to the Company's IP
network. Security safeguards should be in accordance with industry
standards, generally accepted business practices and Company security
policies. Ensures Network and Systems Engineers follow security best
practices when deploying/configuring hardware and software.
- Collaborates with the Network Operations team to ensure disaster
recovery plans are viable and current.
- Works with the Network Operating Center to maintain up-to-date
troubleshooting guides that pertain to security.
- Recommends policy for responding to security incidents along with a
training program for those that might be involved.
- Researches new and/or updated technologies as they come available that
pertain to our environment.
- Performs regular penetration tests and vulnerability assessments.
- Takes lead on security audits, both internal and external.
- Helps ensure that customer SLAs are met at all times.
- Responds quickly to downtime situations.
- Communicates regularly with development and supports teams regarding
system status and implementation schedules.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer