Comcast Eng 2, Software Dev & Engineering in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Comcast is on a mission to improve its Customer Experience from the ground up. Engineers in this team are working on cutting edge virtual assistant technologies to use our massive amounts of data at Comcast to make intelligent decisions about customer chats, calls and enable pro-active repairs based on your software.
We're looking for engineers who want to own a problem, are smart and get things done and love continuously learning. If this is you we'd love to have you on our team! Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications focused on context services and decisioning engines. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications. Documents all development activity. Assists with training non-technical personnel. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Primarily responsible for the design, implementation, test and operation of software components for operational systems using real-time data and decision engines that leverage rules and machine learning.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs new software and data applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Assists with the software update process for existing applications, and deploys new software releases.
- Actively contributes to the DevTestSecOps processes that drive automation, reusability and operational maturity for all systems developed.
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff on internally developed software applications.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- Takes ownership of quality assurance by driving test driven development methodologies and software craftsmanship.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary. Must be able to work on-call rotations for incident response.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Engineering, Computer Science
Years of Experience
- Generally, requires 2-5years related experience
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer