Comcast Eng 2, Software Dev & Engineering (SDET) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for validating product quality by analyzing and testing the
quality of the code base. Focuses on writing code that will be executed
in an automated and repeatable fashion which will reduce manual testing
efforts and increase code quality and consistency. Develops and
maintains code that validates front-end, middleware, and database
systems, using the latest tools and programming languages. Partners with
software engineers to write efficient automation code using coding
standards and best practices. Works with engineering team to deliver
automated tests that satisfy product automation requirements. Executes
automated code and creates written summary test reports for team. Repair
intermediate complexity broken automation scripts. Works with moderate
guidance in own area of knowledge.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Write and edit automated test code, using the same standards as a
Software Engineer, that allows for repeatable, reliable testing
solutions to test the wide functionality of products and software in
accordance with specifications and technical requirements, maintaining
automation codebase in a version control system (GIT, SVN).
- Execute automated test scripts, and evaluate results.
- Analyze broken test cases and diagnose and repair to working order.
- Assist in identifying viable test strategies in order to support
testing product functionality.
- Create automated testing documentation, including Test Plans, Test
Summary Reports, etc.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer