Comcast Eng 2, Product Dev and Engineering in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for assisting in the design of system architectures and solutions to bring to market new innovative products which span web service offerings. Assists in the planning, designing, integrating, testing, deploying and supporting of products. Helps with testing and operational activities. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Server-side application development on Cloud/Linux based environment, working with real-time communications at scale with security and high availability.
- Experience and working knowledge of VoIP and messaging protocols such as SIP and XMPP.
- Experience with FreeSWITCH (preferred) and/or related VoIP open source like Asterisk, OpenSIPs/Kamilio, Prosody, Jitsi VideoBridge
- Have good working knowledge of VoIP session setup and teardown, 3rd party call control, PBX/voice application/IVR features using SIP.
- Possess strong knowledge and experience with cloud architectures and common open source tools related to load balancing, database, HTTPS, pub/sub, WSS/HTTP2.0/QUIC.
- Possess strong skills writing readable code with unit test coverage.
- Experience with Git and continuous integration systems.
- Possess strong troubleshooting skills and experience with VoIP/network testing tools including Wireshark and SIPp.
- Be eager to learn new technologies and contribute to projects outside of their core strengths.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical issues to any non-technical co-workers.
- Develops solutions to a wide range of difficult applications, problems or procedures.
- Supports Lead Engineer with the architecture, design, development, qualification and deployment of applications consistent with product and technical roadmaps.
- Works with engineering project management and lead engineer to deliver applications that meet or exceed product requirements, project schedules and reliability.
- Assists product development and operations teams to define technical requirements to accompany existing products and operation requirements. Designs and develops use cases in support of the technical requirements. Transforms technical requirements into architectures.
- Determines resources, technology and course of action to achieve results.
- Provides leadership and consultative direction to the organization, department and group.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- C/C , Python, and/or Lua, Go (preferred)
- Familiarity with configuration, development and use of PBX/SIP telephone features
-Database technologies such as MongoDB, Redis
- Cloud-based technologies such as OpenStack or AWS
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with DevOps/SRE practices
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Highly organized with strong analytical and communication skills
- Mobile development (iOS/Android) (preferred)
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer