Comcast Eng 2, Engineering Ops in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for contributing in project teams, troubleshooting
operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational
problems, new product implementation, implementing existing products and
services, and the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of
engineering. Acts in compliance with industry and Company technical
requirements, standards, policies, and procedures. Works with moderate
guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair all but the most complex issues.
Performs maintenance activities with a minimum of supervision and
guidance. Leads technical outage bridges and engages appropriate
resources to drive issues to closure.
- Acts as an advocate for Engineering Operations procedures, policies,
and processes. Ensures projects and initiatives are adhering to Company
- Tracks and reports operational workflows; maintains records of results
and feedback. Analyzes data and metrics, identifies problem areas, and
provides actionable insight.
- Acts as a technical resource in projects and initiatives and ensures
successful project implementation.
- Contributes to design considerations for new products or architectural
changes to existing products.
- Analyses problems in design, configuration, data flow, and data state
within a highly complex multi-product provisioning system.
- Performs routine maintenance tests for designated areas of engineering
and ensures all maintenance is properly validated to minimize impact.
- Provides training and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Attains industry standard certifications and education.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer