Comcast Eng 1, Wi-Fi Network Engineering in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for assisting in the design of system architectures and solutions to bring to market new innovative products which span web service offerings. Assists in the planning, designing, integrating, testing, deploying and supporting of products.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Develops solutions to a wide range of difficult applications, problems or procedures.
- Uses applied engineering concepts, skills and methodologies to help promote and embrace change.
- Works on small projects and issues within the group.
- Serves as a technical resource.
- Contributes to hands-on engineering.
- Works on projects and tasks ensuring desired results.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve WiFi operational issues impacting the XfinityWiFI network
- Ensure proper execution of regression and functional test procedures and automated test suites and scripts.
- Work with other QA Engineers or Software Engineers to identify, reproduce and document bugs or defects.
- Document and communicate test summary results.
- Write and execute tests to validate products and firmware on CPE and Outdoor devices.
- Contribute to the development of Quality Assurance (QA) test philosophies and methodologies.
- Identify viable test strategies in order to support testing product functionality.
- Collaborate with product and development teams to identify product and technical requirements.
- Maintain lab and setting up of testing environments.
- Participate in 24x7 On-Call rotation.
- Experience in developing and implementing test plans and test cases.
- Solid background in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process.
- Familiarity with HP ALM and Jira tools.
- Good knowledge with Agile methodologies.
- Good knowledge of Wireless Network core technology and components
- Familiarity with WiFi Standards (802.11) and features
- Configuration and troubleshooting of an Access Point (AP)
- Basic understanding of networking
- Knowledge of IP addressing and DHCP
- Understanding of Network Management protocols SNMP, TR-069
- Experience with packet capture and analysis with tools like Wireshark, TCPDump.
- CCNA Certification is a plus
- CWNA Certification is a plus
- Experience with scripting languages and tools such as Perl, TCL, Python, Selenium, QTP, Java, SQL or VBScripting (one or more)
- Familiarity with basic Shell/CLI commands
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively bridge cross-functional teams and divisions
- Ability to multitask within a dynamic environment where priorities are revised to keep pace with a highly competitive industry
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer