Comcast Director, Talent Acceleration in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Director, Talent Acceleration
Talent Acceleration Team, Comcast University
We inspire the minds that invent the future of media and technology! Would you like to join us?
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. To support these goals, Comcast's Talent Acceleration Team creates cutting edge, complex, and incredibly powerful learning experiences to prepare talented Comcasters for leadership roles at all levels. Our job is to help shift the mindsets of high potential employees to prepare them for next-level leadership and for leaders in critical roles to raise their leadership game in their current role. We work hard to get it right and when we get it right, we can change the lives of leaders, their teams, their families, and the future of Comcast.
The most important characteristic of the Talent Acceleration Team is that we work better together. We support business partners, program participants, and each other in order to challenge learners and deliver results to the business in a fast-paced, high-volume, high-energy work environment. A Director's typical day on the Talent Acceleration Team might include:
- Consulting with Talent Management or Human Resources Leads on the development of robust experiences to grow the skills and capabilities of High Potential Employees.
- Coaching Action Learning teams and helping the team reflect both on what they are learning and how they are functioning as a group.
- Preparing panel participants who will participate in a classroom session learning event.
- Coordinating and leading meetings with stakeholders on relevant learning experiences for learners.
- Creating a data-driven presentation for the business on how the learning that you are designing and delivering is translating to business impact.
- Sharing your valuable insight, experiences and opinions in team meetings that contribute to the strategy, design and development of leadership content and the direction of the team.
- Creating a toolkit for leaders on how to prepare a project pitch for executives.
- Referencing and updating program project plans with energy and enthusiasm for meeting deadlines.
- Consulting with a business partner on what the gaps are in leadership performance for a various functions or levels.
- Collaborating with fellow program managers/directors for feedback or to support them on program deliverables.
- Meeting with vendors about content design and managing the vendor to meet project deadlines and deliverable expectations.
- Selecting dinner menus and preparing a "Run of Show" document that will guide the evening's events.
and so much more.
- Manages development of the program evaluation (completion rates, content quality, delivery of content, and other key success metrics) in coordination with program managers and evaluations manager.
- Recommends, through data collection and analysis, the modification of training programs, as necessary, to ensure consistency with Comcast Credo, competencies, Dream Big philosophy, and The Employee/ Customer Experience. Works to maximize learner perform
- Creates efficiencies in the delivery of programs by monitoring travel expenses, class size, time to completion, etc.
- Collaborates with University staff, senior management, and other department personnel regarding training needs, curriculum design, development, and delivery in order to create relevant solutions for business units.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding content for respective, functional subject area(s) in leadership and professional development curriculum.
- Keeps abreast of training technology changes and new methods for design, development, delivery, and group facilitation through outside association contacts and publications.
- Provides information to Trainer Development leadership on skills that need to be developed in the Trainer population.
- Develops and oversees all components of respective training program(s), including: learning objectives, performance objectives, participant guides, facilitator guides, videos, job aids, assessments, computer components, and student exercises.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This job might be for you if:
You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on challenges as well as designing and implementing creative solutions. You don't get flustered easily and if you don't know the answer, you dig until you find it. You also aren't afraid to share your experience and expertise with various audiences.
You are self-motivated and driven. You take on new challenges without waiting to be asked. You're going to take full ownership of your programs and take every opportunity to improve yourself, our learners, and the business.
You can be a successful peer leader. You are an excellent collaborator and people like working with you because you bring value to the collaboration.
You communicate clearly. You write well and speak eloquently. You can explain just about anything to anyone and are comfortable communicating in small team meetings and in front of large groups.
You pay precise attention to details and deliverable dates. You can manage not only your own timelines, but you effectively collaborate with others to create the most valuable learning experiences and manage business partners to these timelines as well.
You know how to measure success. You are able to evaluate the effectiveness of your programs through program-based metrics reporting, business impact data/stories and tracking improvements to operational metrics.
You are passionate about enhancing people's personal and professional lives. You have instructional design experience that can translate to our world of creating and flawlessly executing experiences that challenge and delight people.
You are flexible and enjoy a bit of business travel (about 20%). You might also need to come in early and/or stay late for a program you are managing. While we ask for flexibility, please know that we have families too and will work to give you advance notice of flexible schedule needs so you can make plans for your family.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 10 years of experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer