Comcast Director, Strategic Analysis Human Resources in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Director, Strategic Analysis Human Resources
The Comcast Human Resources Analytics Center of Excellence team is looking for an analytical influencer capable of rolling up their sleeves and solving complex business questions in the areas of human capital management. Your work directly impacts the myriad parts of Comcast Cable in a highly visible and critical role.
The successful candidate will:
- Utilize a hypothesis-driven problem-solving approach to reveal insights and opportunities by accessing, processing, exploring, and interpreting transaction level as well as aggregated data to succinctly tell a story and tie it to business outcomes.
- Effectively partner with cross-functional teams and business partners at all levels, with the intent to build strong relationships that ultimately lead to identifying ways HR analytics can engage and improve business value.
- Promote and evangelize a culture of excellence, data-driven discussions, healthy skepticism, intellectual curiosity and knowledge sharing while maintaining an environment that is upbeat and fun.
- Explore the unknown, brainstorming new ideas, building things, breaking things in a tireless attempt to identify business solutions leveraging HR data, whether on its own or in conjunction with other non-HR data.
- Build and refine predictive and descriptive statistical models to improve insights, and enhance data-driven business strategies that improve the organization's ability to turn workforce information into insights that have a significant bottom line impact.
- Ensure the successful deployment of models into production environments.
- Meet frequently with clients to interpret their needs, plan/organize, and discuss progress and results.
- Identifies fact-based solution strategies for key business issues raised by HR and/or business clients to ensure that all important issues are addressed fully and appropriately.
- Determines when and how to use quantitative research tools and models and assists in interpretation and development of implications to address client business problems.
- Develops and uses predictive models to address client business problems. Assists with deploying models into existing operational environments.
- Develop and communicate goals, strategies, tactics, timelines, and key performance metrics to reach goals.
- Identifies and drives system improvements to create efficiencies with regards to cost and performance.
- Present updates, insights, and final recommendations with influence to diverse audiences.
- Provides input into the information, reporting and analytical needs of the Company from an HR lens. Develops goals, strategies and plans needed to achieve the vision.
- Develop material and conduct training for both technical and business colleagues. Encourage the development of overall analytical competency in the HR community through engagement and support. Role model for HR analytics expertise and capability both within and outside of HR.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Graduate degree in quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, statistics, data science).
- 8 years working in a quantitative environment demonstrating successively more complex modeling and analysis works.
- 10 years working in developing statistical targeting models using SAS and/or R.
- Background or familiarity with SAP and/or SAP HR Business Warehouse a huge plus.
- Proficient in R and/or SAS.
- Proficient in RDBMS-based tools.
- Willingness to pick up new tools/skills eagerly and proactively to remain a leader in the field.
- Demonstrated creativity in identifying the "so what" and communicating same to business leaders.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated aptitude for actionable analytics.
- Exceptional attention to detail with ability to progress multiple projects in parallel.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Effective communicator, storyteller and verbal reasoner.
- Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines, and levels.
- Work on problems requiring judgement and in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, taking special care to respect the sensitive nature of HR data.
- Independently identify key issues, patterns or deviations from norm.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer