Comcast Director, Software Defined Network Security Products in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation's largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
* Director Software Defined Network Security Products *
The Director of Software Defined Network Security Products for Comcast Business Services will be responsible for the full product lifecycle serving Comcast Business segments and channels. This includes running the Software Defined Network Security product roadmap and developing features and tools to improve performance and customer experience. Collaboration is key, as you will be working directly with several department leaders to plan and oversee the long-term vision and strategy for compelling and differentiated software defined network security. This is an exciting opportunity to get exposure working on unique and modern technologies in an agile environment.
Collaborates with cross-functional teams to launch new services, features and enhancements on time and within budget. Serves as a subject-matter expert for assigned products. Assesses needs and opportunities for new products through research and feasibility analysis. Manages, gathers, and analyzes competitive intelligence data for product lines. Participates in product modification, cost reduction, margin analysis, advertising and promotion, forecasting, product positioning and pricing strategies. Develops goals, budget and strategic business plans. Recommends ways to expand sales and profitability. Manages the product planning and scheduling process according to sales volume, inventory requirements and materials availability. Establishes and implement policies and procedures needed to achieve goals. Develops, mentors, and trains Specialists to ensure department work performance and objectives are met. Develops and manages product offerings to customers as well as working with other groups within the company to develop and support cross-functional strategy and product rollouts. Assists in developing product roadmaps and identifies new product offerings. Identifies and gathers potential product ideas, technologies, and business opportunities that can be integrated into the current product line and recommends exploration of future products and opportunities. Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance. Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Working knowledge and experience with Software Defined Networks (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV), Network-based Security
- Fluent in standard methodologies for data networking and cloud computing
- Worked with Agile teams using SCRUM, XP, or other agility model
- Self-starter; the ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks across multiple projects and staff
- Grow with change and know how to get things done
- Metric driven; identify intended results and measure outcomes
- Possess strong project management, problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical abilities
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and presentation abilities
- Highly harmonious. Builds trust and positive relationships at all levels
- Confident and influences without formal authority, but pushes back when appropriate
- Earns respect and respects contributions of others
- Bachelor's degree required in Business, Engineering, or related field; MBA or Masters a plus
- 12 years related experience
- 3 years' as a product manager working on cutting edge network security software products and technologies
Military Experience Valued
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer