Comcast Director, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast's Digital Center of Excellence manages XFINITY.com as well as other properties that are focused on engaging consumers and businesses online throughout the customer life cycle. It is an entrepreneurial, fast growing team with high impact and significant exposure across the organization. Our Search department delivers the highest percentage of online new customer acquisitions. Ultimately, we are responsible for delivering the optimal, unified brand presence across Organic Search (SEO) for all search engines.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned SEO tactician and strategist who is best in class in terms of SEO optimization. This seasoned industry subject matter expert will also need to be nimble, creative and influential to evolve and push the business forward. The ideal candidate will have experience in roles combining marketing, technology, customer insights, data analysis and business execution in a digital environment. Additionally, this person will need to be a strong leader for both their direct team of six as well as to the indirect cross-functional team.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Oversees and monitors staff on best practices on technical SEO, Content and Local in order to optimize search engine traffic.
- Collaborates with VP to develop and ensure the implementation of online strategies to maximize potential of the organizations Web site as it relates to branding, support of network programming, viewer loyalty, and sales.
- Develops and manages quality, effective online communications to all of the organizations internal and external audiences, identifying opportunities for growth.
- Interacts with direct reports and peers in management/customers/vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Leads or participates in interacting with third parties and other relevant partners
- Monitors and manages media sources and partner content feeds, and ensures that content is updated rapidly and on a regular basis. Collaborates with partners/managers to ensure that the content mix performs with the company audience.
- Ensures the staff is trained to implement best practices in web writing, marketing, and content development.
- Works with Content Acquisition team on landing new partners to improve content experience.
- Works with Product Managers, UI experts, Developers, and others to ensure experiences are built for optimal engagement.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent; preferred marketing/advertising, engineering, business, or related field. Masters a plus
- Generally requires 10 years related experience
- Run the SEO tactical and strategic platform for Comcast across technical, content and local
- Directly build and implement acquisition/ sales strategies as part of an in-house agency.
- Lead strategic recommendations for SEO by partnering with technology team, user experience, media team, etc.
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals general and keyword specific
- Implement link building campaigns in coordination with client SEO goals
- Have deep understanding of critical keyword research platforms. Perform keyword research in coordination with client business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities
- Provide measurement, insights and planning assistance to various digital media teams
- Serve as the department liaison and Subject Matter Expert to division marketing and media teams for strategies to improve traffic to xfinity.com
- Continually monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media and internet marketing industry updates, trends and developments
- Understand and advise on importance of content creation for organic search (SEO)
- Understand Comcast's products and offers to effectively merchandise landing page content, in partnership with the sales and user experience teams
Other Specific Skills
- Experience with website analysis using several analytics tools including MOZ, Brightedge, Screaming Frog, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Botify as well as other standard SEO tools
- Strong knowledge of Analytics Software and high level of comfort building reporting for the team and leadership (Omniture, Google Analytics, WebTrends, etc.)
- Ability to identify and resolve site health issues
- Experience working with CMS and building/administering content in CMS environments
- Excellent written, interpersonal, communication skills
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint Excel (pivot tables a must)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, open, entrepreneurial environment
- Track record in developing digital acquisition strategies to drive traffic and conversion
- Has sophisticated ability to assess disparate data streams and distill them into meaningful and, ultimately, actionable strategic recommendations
- Ability to handle multiple projects and to prioritize as needed in a fast moving environment
- Seasoned leader with demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with business leaders, team members, and cross-functional partners
- Well-honed influencing skills and ability to persuade minds and get things done across a large, complex organization. Courage to confidently express an independent point of view.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
Compliance Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Disclaimer The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer