Comcast Director, Reliability Engineering in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
The Red Team Director, Reliability Engineering will be responsible for leading a group of highly skilled network and software engineers that are subject matter experts in all Comcast service offerings. The Red Team will serve as a central point of contact for all external groups including XOC, Care and Field Operations. All major event coordination such as weather events (i.e. hurricanes), PPV, Superbowl, etc. will flow through this team. As a part of the Red Team's leadership, the Director will be responsible for multi-vertical operational issues and become the escalation point for major issues in a single vertical. This leader will also work in conjunction with his/her peers in Reliability Engineering to support these services across all Comcast Operations teams in Corporate and Divisions.
Lead a team of highly skilled engineers.
Develop a world-class organization through continuous training that can serve as the heart of the Reliability Engineering organization
Build and lead a group on the Red Team who will work closely with Corporate, Divisional and Regional teams to drive communications, partnership and best-in-class services for our customers.
Institute market leading best practices to maximize quality and develop and implement strategies for operational and process improvement for all Comcast services.
Provide strategic and hands on tactical leadership around development, engineering and operations for Comcast services.
Work with the Finance team to coordinate activities to fund operations, maximize investments, drive cost savings and increase efficiency.
Foster a culture of continuous improvement and employee engagement
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Generally requires 10 years related experience
- Expert experience in troubleshooting complex technical issues
- Experience in Business Analytics and the ability to review and correlate cross-vertical platform issues
- Great communication skills and ability to clearly articulate complex issues and technologies to senior leaders
- Willing to take ownership & accountability of problems and see them through to resolution
- Strong ability to successfully drive and execute work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with a variety of software and hardware operating environments (Linux OS, Apache Web Services, High Speed Data support (DOCSIS, CMTS), Video (transcoding, stream packaging, QAM Video, QAM VOD, IP VOD), Digital Voice (VOIP Based Switch services)
- Proven experience leading an operational or engineering team
- 10 years of experience in the telecommunications field
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer