Comcast Director, Product & Systems Requirements in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation's largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
The Director, Product and Systems Requirements will partner with Comcast Business Enterprise Solutions leaders to execute on a wide variety of strategic and transformative projects aimed at achieving the strategic and financial objectives of the Enterprise Solutions business and preparing the organization for future growth. This position will be responsible for managing a team that works on process definition, business and functional requirements for all tools related to their area of specialty. The incumbent will drive organizational change through consensus building and collaboration with other organizations. The position will be responsible for setup of processes and tools to be manage resource allocation, utilization, establish standards for requirements, timely quality management of deliverables, stakeholder engagement and management. Leads team of specialists and managers to achieve product and team objectives and keeps leadership team informed of key developments and issues. Provides leadership and direction for team which may include multiple functional areas. Develops and implements strategy for functional area(s). May have responsibility for developing and managing budget.
- Directs, establishes, maintains, and plans the overall policies and goals for a product management department including clear goals for each individual on the team
- Ensures appropriate prioritization of projects and deliverables juggling multiple projects at any given time
- Participates in project and product definition and works with strategic and national customers pre and post sales as a subject matter expert on business process, user experience and application and roadmap
- Key participant during definition of project scope, high level impact assessment and team definition
- Coordinates with sales and marketing to assess client and industry needs and identifies possible solutions to meet those needs
- Defines and enforces quality standards for process definition and functional requirements for each organization represented by the SME/product owner within the team
- Provide leadership with updates on project status, key metrics, issues, and risks
- Understand work plan/schedules, due dates, activities related to documentation and training, UAT Testing, and cost analysis efforts required by finance, actively tracking all aspects of projects.
- Proactively anticipate and work towards mitigating risks to project execution or stakeholder engagement
- Works closely with stakeholders from various organizations to build strong professional relationships
- Establishes tools and mechanism to track timely delivery of business and functional requirements to enable successful project and product rollouts
- Works closely with the transformation/change management team and other external teams to ensure appropriate resources are identified for each initiative with clear definition of roles and responsibilities
- Works closely with the leaders from the BUAT and EUC teams to ensure that they are aware of the priorities and timing of project deliverables that need to be tested and deployed
- Will be a change management champion to enable team to deploy changes quickly and effectively across various organizations
- Applies expertise in business process and functional requirement definition and is relied on by top management to serve as a proxy for the different subject areas handled by the team
Defines, develops, and implements standard operational frameworks for new and existing products and drive for operational efficiency and effectiveness
Review "As Is" and "To Be" process maps in partnership put together by SMEs, operations, and IT partners and ensure the quality and detail is appropriate for the audience being served.
Collaborate with software development organizations to ensure the successful execution of user requirements and provide leadership when there are issues related to the processes or functional requirements Minimum Requirements:
Minimum Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Master's degree desired.
- Generally requires 10 years of related experience
- Experience in leading business architects or solution design teams required
- Experience working within telecom services industry, or consulting firms; in depth knowledge of industry, of technology and of process, such as cross-functional business processes for major operational areas, project management, vendor management and project life cycle desired
- Experience with product catalogs, BSS and OSS systems highly preferred
- Experience in using scrum, agile or Kanban methodologies to drive fast paced projects is required
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer