Comcast Director, Integrated Supply Chain in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Director of Business Process Reengineering (BPR) is a key role within Comcast's Integrated Supply Chain Organization (ISCO). The role involves a combination of responsibilities including partnering with key internal and external stakeholders and leadership to develop and clear short and long-term roadmap aligned with overall priorities, while achieving a world-class supply chain. In addition, the Director will ultimately be responsible for team development of leading highly visible supply chain (systems and process transformation) initiatives.
- Lead, organize and hold accountable individuals and teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Team development and mentorship
- Design and communicate to senior level leadership (VP/SVP) as well as internal stakeholders overall supply chain systems strategy and roadmap to support scale, efficiency, and improved customer experience.
- Own the development of business project plans/schedules.
- Ability to validate and synthesize business and technology efforts into one unified plan.
- Ability to manage in near real-time basis, project risks and issues through mitigation and resolution plans.
- Incorporate PM methodology to ensure consistent delivery of high quality projects.
- Lead organizational change & readiness activities by ensuring deployment validation and transition of support processes.
- Drive continuous process improvement through the use of project closure survey feedback, team process assessments and general insights.
- Develop communication deliverables to project partners.
- Partner with business and IT to ensure business project needs are adequately met with technology solutions
- Lead project workshops and meetings as required.
- Accountable for defining future state best-in-class' solutions and ensuring the successful deployment for all of the operational components for the strategic systems. Focus areas include Sales, Marketing, and ordering service.
- Reduces variation from processes so that simplification is obtained and operational efficiencies are gained.
- Creates clearly defined and mutually agreeable success metrics for each new system or process and establishes a plan to track, monitor, and measure the success of those metrics.
- Uses a methodical yet collaborative approach to each project by: 1) Measuring the process and questioning the capability and quality, 2) Defining the problem statement, 3) Performing a gap analysis between the customers' expectation and current process performance, 4) Standardizing solutions around best practices, and 5) Repeating the steps for continuous improvement.
- Develops repeatable, and thus scalable, plans and processes in order to speed time to market and improve operational efficiency.
- Interacts closely with a matrixed cross-functional team (both field and corporate) in order to secure alignment and solution excellence.
- Fosters an environment of empowerment, openness, inclusion, and objectivity all while striving to deliver solutions that benefit the entire organization.
- Works with our HR counterparts and identifies plans for change management, communication, and training needs.
- Responsible for all commitments within assigned organization and dependencies across the department.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent, MBA preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Generally requires 10 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer