Comcast Director, Digital Personalization in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Director of Digital Personalization is a member of the Digital Center of Excellence (DCOE) team that manages digital journeys across the web and app world focused on engaging consumers online throughout the customer life cycle. It is an entrepreneurial, fast moving team, with a mandate to transform the way Comcast Cable operates. The role will have significant exposure across the organization and to the most senior levels.
This exposure is reflective of the importance in the Company learning to better adapt and personalize its consumer experiences to deepen relationships and create love of the Xfinity brand. This role will have a key hand in realizing that vision.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
The role has three major areas of focus and is responsible for leading and developing a team of four:
Transformation of Operational Approach
- This Director will play a critical role in helping to lead the organization in transforming the way that it works to execute sales, marketing, and customer experience journeys based on the evolution of the Company's personalization tools. These cross-functional partners will come from diverse functions such as Merchandising, UX, Product, Software Engineering and Business Intelligence, and the Director will need to influence each of these organizations as Comcast moves to a one to one orientation informed by Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. The leader will need to rethink the current versus future state process, and help to lead the organization through this transformation.
Envision and Deliver Next Gen Personalization Platform
- The Director will act a subject matter expert in Personalization, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence to help to envision, sell in, and build the platform of the future for the Company. They will do this, while concurrently leveraging the existing platform, including the Data Management Platform (DMP), CRM, and Content Management System (CMS)-to deliver incremental results to the bottom line for the Company. They will collaborate with key partners in Marketing, Software Engineering and Business Intelligence and construct a road map that will deliver both incremental and transformational levels of change over time.
Executing Customer Segmentation across the Digital Journey
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing and eCommerce Sales Residential, Business, and Mobile-and Business Intelligence teams to identify and enable targeting of key audience segments both on and offsite leveraging the current platform. The Director will be a key leader in applying a new customer segmentation approach in the Residential business to inform new experiences for the customer.
- They will also be responsible for managing Comcast's 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data sources to deliver the best possible experiences.
- Last, the leader will help to envision and create a Marketer facing tool with a new UI to create self-service opportunities for driving segmentation scale.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The role presents a number of attractive opportunities for the candidate including:
- Leader in an area of high strategic importance for the Company
- Acting as a key player in the Company's push to leverage Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Ability to create a vision and then build and transform the platform and organization to achieve it
- Significant exposure to Comcast Cable's various business and functional groups
- Opportunity to present to the most senior level of Comcast's organization
Additional Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Passion for Digital domain
- Change agent
- Strong executive presence
- Customer Centric
- Technical aptitude
- Relationship builder
- Strong leadership
- Results oriented
- Strategic orientation
- Analytic mindset
- Experience working with agile development in a matrixed business environment
- Experience in ad and/or mar tech software capabilities
- Experience with Data Management and Customer Data Platforms
- Knowledge of analytics for both web and offline data
- Knowledge in emergent AI and Machine Learning platforms and approaches
Education and Experience
- Education Level-Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Field of Study Business, Marketing. Preferred Field of Study-Digital Media, Business, Data Architecture, or Analytics
- Years Experience 10 years of related experience
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer