Comcast Developer 4 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation's largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
Responsible for analysis, design, development, certification, testing, implementation, and documentation of new and existing platform-driven software applications. Development efforts will center around products for voice assistants (e.g. Alexa, Google Assistant, etc), third party SaaS integrations, and/or digital workflow automation. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor with an intrapreneurial spirit, and may lead teams or projects using common Agile practices.
- Coordinates development activities with other Developers, Supervisor, and/or Project Manager to ensure project success, and provides level of effort estimations, milestone timelines, and periodic status updates.
- Demonstrates expertise in multiple areas of technology and provides architecture and design solutions for new applications or application enhancements.
- Manages entire life cycle of assigned projects.
- Writes application code informed by knowledge of graphical user interfaces (GUI) and/or voice user interfaces (VUI), develops unit test cases and harnesses; creates system and user documentation; tests software and interfaces, supports end-to-end and performance testing, and performs other tasks needed.
- Assists in testing and troubleshooting platform and applications to ensure integration with product deployments.
- Works with Product Manager and Business Owner during ideation and when developing technical requirements, design, and implementation of products.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to junior level Developers and performs regular code reviews to enforce coding standards and quality.
- Develops deployment software and application administration software as well as creates deployment and application support documentation.
- Works within project specifications to meet goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner; raises issues expediently that could impede the project specifications or timelines.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
- 5 years experience working with microservices, domain-driven design, and test-driven development
- 5 years experience with Node.JS or C#
- Experience with Go Lang preferred
- 1-2 years experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience developing for voice assistants (Alexa skills, Google Home apps) a plus
- Familiarity with AWS services a plus
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer