Comcast Counsel, Privacy & Security in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
We are looking for an experienced attorney to support Comcast Cable's legal privacy work including privacy compliance and operations. This role reports to the VP and Deputy General Counsel for Comcast Cable. The ideal candidate will have experience with US and international data privacy laws and compliance; experience in negotiating privacy and information security provisions in commercial transactions is also desirable. Experience with and/or knowledge of digital technology and the communications and Internet industries is preferred.
- Support development of appropriate privacy principles and policies against backdrop of US and international privacy regimes, and support the Government Affairs and Policy teams in advocacy around same.
- Track and advise on compliance requirements arising from legal, regulatory and policy developments relating to data collection and use, tracking and analytics, privacy issues in advanced advertising, and related issues
- Counsel and support business and technology teams on privacy issues in connection with the design and development of products, platforms, services and other initiatives involving the collection and use of subscriber data, including business intelligence, advanced advertising, customer experience, and related business and technology initiatives
- Provide counsel on digital properties, including consumer facing websites and mobile applications, with respect to privacy issues
- Provide legal oversight for data protection and privacy compliance monitoring and enforcement activities.
- Advise on, negotiate and draft information security and privacy provisions in commercial transactions, working closely with other legal department members as needed on these issues.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 3-5 years combined experience as a practicing attorney at a top law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- CIPP certification preferred.
- Experience providing constructive, practical counseling advice to business clients on privacy and related issues.
- Strong customer experience, service, and delivery orientation and sharp business acumen.
- Familiarity with US legal privacy landscape, with expertise in Cable Privacy, ECPA, and PCI a particular plus ; also familiarity and experience with international privacy laws including GDPR.
- Experience with the use of data and the related self-regulatory regimes in online advertising a plus.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of digital technology and the communications and Internet industries is preferred.
- Experience advising on and drafting privacy policies a plus, as is experience negotiating and drafting information security provisions in commercial transactions.
- Excellent drafting, negotiating, problem solving, and communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues, management, and operations personnel; simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with consistently high quality results.
- Ability to formulate creative solutions to accomplish the company's objectives.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Law Degree. Top 20% of class and law review preferred.
- Member of a state bar, and qualified for in-house Pennsylvania certification.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer