Comcast Content Security Cloud Engineering Lead in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology.Product. Xperience. organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Are you passionate about shaping the future of how people will watch TV? Can you set the agenda for how leading-edge technology is applied to deliver innovation in the entertainment and digital media services? Do you like big challenges and enjoy collaborating with top-notch engineers to build and deliver big and bold ideas?
The Content Security Ecosystem
The X1 Content Security Ecosystem is a series of workflows interleaving operations infrastructure, security platforms, and hardened devices integrated to deliver an industry leading security ecosystem enabling a full breadth of media entertainment product offerings for consumers in the home and on the go.
X1 Content Security Ecosystem platforms include: Keying Operations Center, Supply Chain Integration System, Certificate Authority, Field Credential Provisioning Platform, Identity Management System, Encryption & DRM System, and multi-DRM Licensing Platform integrated with our back office.
Devices hosting security stacks span servers and millions of client devices including set-tops designed and manufactured by Comcast, third-party set-tops, Internet-connected Televisions, and IOS, Android, & Personal Computing devices.
Each host security stack, whether client or server, are hardened by a layered security model. Closed devices, including clients and servers, are founded on secure boot and hardware crypto modules while open clients are founded on software crypto modules. A series of security layers, such as Trusted Execution and Security Logic, is then integrated up to branches of security application logic facilitating orchestration with broader standards-based, vendor proprietary, and custom security frameworks such as Identity Management, 3rd Party DRM, and Device Credential Management frameworks.
The collection of frameworks and integrated layers provides the end to end media protection system. The system is scaled to provide a commercial reality for safeguarding media delivery to millions of customer screens. Distribution not only includes Comcast but also as a syndicated system to enrich the video experience for Comcast partners and their customers.
What are some interesting problems you'll be working on?
You will lead the evolution of the cloud-hosted Content Security platform. This will be a challenging and interesting experience for several reasons.
First, in typical Comcast fashion, the company continues to reinvest where the cable video system is no exception. Comcast is executing an unprecedented cable system migration to an all IP delivery and playout environment where the Content Security Platform is cross cutting and integral to virtually all aspects of the larger video ecosystem.
Second, the scale of active engineering at Comcast is driving innovation. Solution discoveries continue to be made across the video system at large. Improvements are driving efficiencies to the system, efficiencies to the bottom line, and new & better user experiences for our customers. The Content Security program is a significant source of new inventions.
Third, Comcast continues to pursue the best content rights and an ever-expanding entertainment product portfolio. As new products are introduced, Comcast will have further obligations to advance the video system with security feature enhancements to meet and exceed sophisticated content provider interests in security.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a team to take ownership of a mature platform, reinvent the system, manage to the quality of engineering processes and its artifacts, further streamline operations, and improve the reliability of the environment hosting customer-facing services.
Where can you make an impact?
You'll join a team that is rapidly changing the landscape of TV and redefining the industry through its video delivery infrastructure that will power the next generation of television. In your role, you will have opportunity to redefine how TV content is enjoyed inside and outside the home on devices of consumers' choice. Major entertainment and sporting events such as Oscars, Olympics provide you opportunities to innovate and offer new content experiences to customers.
- Partner with leads, matrix teams of experts, project managers, and other engineers to drive technology that provides for smooth introduction of new products and features
- Contributes to achievement of long-term objectives and plans.
- Develops requirements, design, development, integration, test of network projects/products and decisions serve as precedents for future issues.
- Develops expertise in emerging technologies, products, and techniques to contribute back to the project.
- Develops or utilizes DevOps automation to deploy software andperform continuous integration (CI) testing. Participates in operational support for always-on custom and packaged software systems.
- Experience in 24x7 DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering teams
- Demonstrated experience supporting large-scale, elastic, highly-available cloud environment orchestration on one or more of OpenStack, AWS, Google, or Azure
- Automation systems including Ansible, Jenkins, Git, Puppet, Gerrit, Concourse
- Working knowledge of Dockers/Containers, Fleet/ Kubernetes Container Management
- Experience in Multi-threading, Performance Tuning, or Complex Data Model projects
- Designing and developing scalable web services using RESTful or SOAP services with related technologies such as JSON and XML
- Experience in testing frameworks such as JUnit, Ant
- Knowledge of Linux and common Linux applications (Kernel tuning, iptables, MySQL, RabbitMQ, HAproxy, Apache).
- Knowledge networking concepts and administration (TCP/IP, routing, switching, VLANs, GRE, Openvswitch, Load balancing, etc. In particular, BGP a big plus)
- Working knowledge of computer security concepts and techniques (encryption, stateful firewalls, ACLs, intrusion detection, packet analysis)
- Experience with monitoring tools and alerting systems such as Zabbix, Nagios, OpsView, HP OpenView, NewRelic, Big Brother, and/or Prometheus
- Hands on Experience in Oracle/MongoDB/MySQL/Cassandra
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer