Comcast Compliance Specialist in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
- Help develop, implement, communicate and maintain policies and procedures for the Cable business to help promote an organizational culture of ethics and ensure the company's compliance with laws, regulations, company policies and contracts.
- Help identify potential areas of compliance risk and vulnerability; develop and implement action plans for the resolution of problematic issues; and provide general guidance on how to avoid or address similar situations in the future.
- Track various compliance policies, programs, and requirements and assist to develop compliance programs.
- Draft various employee communications and training materials relating to policies and compliance matters and liaise with internal employee communications and learning development professionals.
- Assist in security, human resources and law enforcement investigations as appropriate.
- Partner with Corporate and NBCUniversal compliance organizations in support of company-wide efforts on all of the above.
- Perform other compliance-related duties as needed.
Additional General Responsibilities:
- Assists with collection and production of documents.
- Organizes documents required in connection with regulatory or legal proceedings.
- Performs legal research using provided resources. Conducts fact gathering interviews and documents research.
- Maintains litigation and regulatory proceedings database.
- Researches and summarizes laws, cases, and files; presents a synopsis to the Attorney for use in preparation for trial or responding to a legal issue.
- Ensures timely responses to legal notices and subpoenas.
- Receives service of process and coordinates timely assignment of cases to outside counsel.
- Prepares legal documents and business communications.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 2-5 years compliance or related experience.
- International trade law and/or US export compliance experience a plus.
- Industry certification in compliance or related industry, such as a CIA and CFE, a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of the elements of an effective compliance program, as outlined in the Federal Sentencing Guidelines, preferred.
- Exposure to internal investigation processes and international compliance matters, preferred.
- Experience in cable, telecommunications, media or technology industries preferred.
- Strong technology skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills, including the ability to work independently on projects of high complexity with minimal supervision.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including experience with drafting and editing substantial written work product.
- Experience with the preparation of presentations, slide decks and training materials.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze facts and identify issues, collect data/evidence, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and prepare reports.
- Ability to assess risks and identify internal control weaknesses and recommend impactful solutions.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with consistently high quality work product.
- Ability to work across functions to enable other groups to take on and own compliance initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience with change management strategies and implementation.
- Ability to formulate creative solutions to accomplish the company's objectives.
- Strong verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer