Comcast Cloud/Network Security Software Engineer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Are you passionate about digital media, entertainment, cloud platforms and networking security? Do you like big challenges and working within a highly motivated team environment? As a cloud and network security software engineer at Comcast, you will drive the design and implementation of our hybrid cloud and on-premise network security orchestration and automation tools.
The team you'll be joining is a small and fast-moving group of world-class experts who are innovating in delivering software-defined network provisioning and security. We provide our customers with the network connectivity and security they need to be successful in their hybrid cloud infrastructure journey. The team's engineers are closely aligned with cloud, security and network architects to ensure our products and services consistently meet customer demands. We are a team that thrives on big challenges, results, quality and agility.
You'll be working with the best and brightest minds in Comcast to help build and deploy a network security orchestration platform that spans public and private cloud infrastructure. You'll drive technical decision making and implementation in how the platform integrates with cloud and network device APIs to provide appropriate connectivity, apply appropriate network segmentation policy and ensure that developer and security consumers of the platform have appropriate self-service management and security review capabilities.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, debug and document all software components in our network security orchestration platform
- Ensure the platform architecture and design is adaptable to changing business requirements and network device and cloud provider capabilities
- Mentor colleagues on effective, performant and secure hybrid cloud networking
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and business requirements
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies for implementation
- Quickly prototype proposed ideas to determine suitability and illustrate your concepts with working code
- Drive technical implementation and infrastructure standards within the team through design and code reviews
- Strong technical expertise and troubleshooting skills for large scale enterprise systems and software
- MS in Computer Science or similar degree with significant equivalent industry experience
- Extensive experience designing, building, deploying and operating software products that present practical and understandable solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, manage and complete software deliverables
- Experience working in large network environments and hybrid cloud infrastructure landscapes
- Expert level understanding of IP networking, network security patterns and traffic scaling
- Competent and confident working with Ruby, Golang or Python running on Docker, Kubernetes and Linux
- Experience with agile development methodologies, rapid application development, and project management
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a fast-paced, team-driven environment
- At least 5 years experience in a software engineering role
- Significant experience automating physical and virtual network security on platforms like AWS, F5, Checkpoint, OpenStack, Azure, Google Cloud
- Expert at server-side application development using languages like Ruby, Golang or Python
- Proficient with RESTful services and data interchange using XML, JSON, Protobuf or MessagePack
- Experience creating and managing projects in revision control, including git and Github
- Experience with large-scale distributed architectures, SOA and REST and messaging patterns and platforms
- Understanding of Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA and REST), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Deep understanding of HTTP, TCP, DNS, UDP, IPv4/IPv6 networking and protocols
- Experience with Agile, including Scrum and/or Kanban
- Understanding of how DevOps and DevSecOps influences software development and operations practices and delivery techniques
- Ability and desire to mentor peers both within and outside your team
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer