Comcast Business Intelligence Engineer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for contributing in one or more areas of expertise in collaboration with various cross-functional project teams. Exercises in-depth knowledge of engineering and business intelligence skills and methodology. Applies long-term objectives and plans related to the company's technical vision to daily activity. Applies innovative solutions for engineering developmental problems that are competitive with industry and company standards with little direction. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Creates system architecture, design, and specification within engineering projects and initiatives. Uses in-depth engineering skills and knowledge to solve difficult development problems and achieve engineering goals. Primarily focused on using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL, and Reporting solutions (OBIEE and Tableau).
-Strives to achieve Company business objectives and business intelligence engineering objectives in daily activity.
- Documents results of applied work processes and practical application of technical standards. Reports results to management. Recommends innovative solutions.
- Utilizes resources, SQL optimization skills, and quality assurance to find and solve moderate development problems in SQL server, Tableau, and OBIEE; recommends new resources to management. Able to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis.
- Sets the tone and pace for work performance within project groups and impressionable Engineering staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Engineering, Computer Science
Required: Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL, SSMS, Requirements Gathering, Technical Documentation, Solution Design, Incident Management and Solutioning
Preferred: OBIEE, Tableau, Teradata, SSRS, Agile Methodology, Source Control, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), JIRA
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience with SQL and/or ETL optimization. Prefer experience in reporting tools, such as OBIEE and/or Tableau.
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and q
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer