Comcast Assistant GC, Cyber Security in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
We are looking for an experienced attorney to support Comcast Cable's legal information security and privacy compliance and operations. This role reports to the VP and Deputy General Counsel for Comcast Cable. The ideal candidate will have experience with US and international data privacy and information security laws. We also are looking for someone who has specific and extensive expertise working on information security issues and managing cyber and other information security incidents. Strong familiarity with the relevant legal and regulatory landscape in this area is required. Experience with and/or knowledge of digital technology and the communications and Internet industries is preferred.
- Provide legal support and counseling on information security and privacy issues to the business.
- Responsible for advising on, drafting, and negotiating information security and privacy provisions in complex commercial transactions in the IT and digital technology space, and working closely with other legal department members as needed on these issues.
- Advise on the development, application, and enforcement of information security policies.
- Assist in responding to, conducting impact analyses for, and helping guide communications arising from cyber events and incidents.
- Support Comcast information security groups for information security matters.
- Evaluate and advise on technical data protections for Comcast's products and services.
- Work closely with regulatory, public policy, and corporate communications groups to establish relationships and help shape advocacy and public facing communications about information security and privacy.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- At least 8-12 years combined experience as a practicing attorney at a top law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- Deep understanding of IT and digital technology issues, particularly for Internet and broadband equipment providers; BA/BS (or graduate degree) in computer science, computer engineering, or a similar discipline a strong plus. Technical knowledge gained from substantial practice representing IT and digital technology clients will also be considered.
- Experience providing constructive, practical counseling advice to business clients on information security and related issues.
- Experience in handling cyber incidents and managing cyber-incident response plans for potential breaches, including protocols for managing investor relations, press releases, communications with regulators/law enforcement, and public disclosures following a cyber-incident.
- Knowledge of the industry and legal landscape relevant to cyber incidents, including self-reporting regimes and working with non-government standards and security organizations.
- Strong customer experience, service, and delivery orientation and sharp business acumen.
- Experience with information security policies, privacy policies, federal and state law security breach procedures, HIPAA, PCI, FISMA, and other relevant laws; familiarity and experience with international privacy and information security laws including GDPR.
- Understanding of CPNI and telecom regulations a plus.
- Excellent drafting, negotiating, problem solving, and communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues, management, and operations personnel; simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with consistently high quality results.
- Ability to formulate creative solutions to accomplish the company's objectives.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Law Degree. Top 20% of class and law review preferred.
- Member of a state bar, Pennsylvania preferred, in good standing.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer