Comcast Architect 5, Software Architecture in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for promoting the use of industry and Company technology standards. Monitors emerging technologies/technology practices for potential use within the Company. Designs and develops updated infrastructure in support of one or more business processes. Helps to ensure a balance between tactical and strategic technology solutions. Considers business problems end-to-end: including people, process, and technology, both within and outside the enterprise, as part of any design solution. Mentors, reviews code and verifies that the object-oriented design best practices and that coding and architectural guidelines are adhered to. Identifies and drives issues through closure.
- Ensures programs are envisioned, designed, developed, and implemented across the enterprise to meet business needs. Interfaces with the enterprise architecture team and other functional areas to ensure that most efficient solution is designed to meet business needs.
- Monitors current and future trends, technology and information that will positively affect organizational projects; applies and integrates emerging technological trends to new and existing systems architecture. Mentors team members in relevant technologies and implementation architecture.
- Ensures solutions are well engineered, operable, maintainable, and delivered on schedule. Develops, documents, and ensures compliance with best practices including but not limited to the following coding standards, object-oriented design, platform and framework specific design concerns and human interface guidelines.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Develops software update processes for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of software releases.
- Monitors the project lifecycle from intake through delivery. Ensures the entire solution design is complete and consistent from the start and seeks to remove as much re-work as possible.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Tracks and documents requirements for enterprise development projects and enhancements.
- Contributes to the overall system implementation strategy for the enterprise and participates in appropriate forums, meetings, presentations etc. to meet goals.
- Gathers and understands client needs, finding key areas where technology leverage is possible to improve business processes, defines architectural approaches and develops technology proofs. Communicates technology direction.
- Works with product marketing to define requirements. Develops and communicates system/subsystem architecture. Develops clear system requirements for component subsystems.
- Acts as architectural lead and assists in guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves as a guide mentor for Software Development Engineers.
- Applies new and innovative ideas to old or new problems. Fosters environments that encourages innovation. Contributes to and supports effort to further build intellectual property via patents.
- Acts as a technical contact and liaison for outside vendors and/or customers and presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level:-Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study:-Engineering, Computer Science
Years' Experience:-Generally requires 11 years related experience
Compliance: Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer