Comcast Analyst, Compliance Operations in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation's largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
Responsible for design, development and maintenance of policies and procedures related to the operational activities of the Enterprise business. Partner with process owners in the Enterprise organization to ensure business controls are designed to address the most significant business risks. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
Accountable for a variety of programs involving business reengineering efforts that support operations and customer experience. Works with a cross-functional team that encompasses representation from all divisions to understand current challenges. Works to define current processes that support the Marketing, Provisioning, Customer Care, and Technical Operations and defines the future state that will be enabled through technology. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Identify and drive awareness of key operational breakdowns focused on Financials Controls (e.g. Billing Accuracy, Regulatory Compliance), SLA's, Pricing and Inventory management
- Investigate the root cause(s) for the Enterprise risks and work with Comcast Business management to assure effective change in processes to address root cause(s) and strengthen the overall control environment.
- Identify opportunities to improve and automate internal controls, manage re-engineering and continuous improvement projects involving new policies, processes and systems.
- Report on the status of projects and results of internal control assessment to Enterprise management and controllership senior leadership.
- Analyze actions initiated or proposed in response to audit recommendations while monitoring the completion of corrective actions to leadership.
- Work closely / partner with the Cable Operational Audit Team and CAAT.
- Supports analysis and design of existing and new business processes that span multiple areas of the organization, including Customer
- Operations, Sales Operations, Marketing, Training, Finance, and Legal.
- Develops scalable processes to support and benefit the Company's architecture vision.
- Deconstructs technical concepts and metrics to facilitate process development.
- Helps to define success metrics for each new system or process and establishes a plan to track, monitor, and measure the success of those metrics.
- Completes assessments of business processes and documents each of the following areas: problem statements, process flows, gap analyses, and solution recommendations.
- Develops repeatable, and thus scalable, plans and processes in order to speed time to market and improve operational efficiency.
- Interacts closely with matrixed cross-functional teams (both field and corporate) in order to secure alignment.
- Diagnoses, corrects, and documents issues, risks, and problems using Quality Assurance (QA) practices.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Business related field
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- 3 years' experience in Accounting or Auditing
- Prior experience with Finance/Accounting controls and Compliance are strongly preferred
- Extensive knowledge with compliance efforts, SOX controls and Audits
- Ability to analytically think through processes/procedures and drive improvements
- Strong, self-motivator with ability to create and deliver solutions despite obstacles or ambiguity
- Ability to manage and oversee multiple projects and deliverables
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer