Comcast Analyst 2, Software Dev & Engineering in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
This Product Owner will be expected to be intimately familiar with Scrum philosophy, ceremonies, team roles, team self-organization, and metrics. Understanding and embracing both the authority of Agile Product Owners and the servant leadership model for personnel who are not direct team members will be necessary for success. The Junior Product Owner must produce oral and written presentations outlining a product’s strategy, future plans, and how success will be measured through KPIs. They must be able to clearly communicate and motivate the team around a unified vision. They will be a key partner for engineering, design, business, and operations teams, working with both internal and external stakeholders.
Looking for an individual who…
- Product Mindset. Respects the value of data-centric product development. Is passionate about data-driven decision-making and learning through experimentation. Collaborates tightly with design and engineering to deliver innovative and immersive best-in-class product solutions.
- Communicates effectively. Sets and communicates product strategy and direction through the definition of objective and key results, crafting the message for stakeholders and providing insights in a clear, helpful way.
- Customer Centric. Adopts the customer's perspective when defining user journeys and story maps to identify underlying business needs, recognize trends and anticipate future needs.
- Confidence. Openly shares opinions and is comfortable proposing new ideas and processes.
- Motivated. Understands the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited user base; is passionate about designing the best experience possible for them.
- Know your stuff. Is an enthusiastic learner, user and advocate of our game-changing technology. Supports an evidence based strategy, including collection and analysis of KPIs across products.
- Thought Leader. Has the ability to view the “big picture” of challenges impacting the customer experience, including the technical, functional, and process considerations and to creatively define solutions to those challenges.
- Qualified candidates should have at least 3 years of experience including strategic vision and road mapping, process definition and documentation, interaction design, and usability testing.
- Experience in a fast paced Agile software development environment working with software engineering teams.
- Experience writing user stories and organizing based on transparent priorities.
- Experience with data analysis, including collection and analysis of KPIs across products.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration.
- Software development experience a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer