Comcast Project Mgr 2, Project Management in Oak Brook, Illinois
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for managing the complete life cycle of straight-forward to
moderately complex projects, including approval, planning, execution,
and closeout to ensure planned results are achieved on time. Develops
budgets, timelines, and ensures progress-to-plan, as well as tracking
critical project achievements. Works with vendors and team to establish
and achieve goals. Coordinates the activities of a cross-functional team
including exempt and non-exempt employees. Works with moderate guidance
in own area of knowledge.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Manages all assigned projects to completion, ensuring on-time
delivery, meeting of budgetary demands, and maintenance of overall
- Uses formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks,
- Identifies project scope and objectives. Manages a cross-functional
team including third party vendors and other resources; coordinates
activities to achieve goals.
- Develops, maintains, and manages detailed project plans, action item
registers, and major milestone timelines for all assigned projects.
Plans and directs schedule and budget.
- Coordinates resources and needs, developing and maintaining regular
contact with vendors for support and services.
- Maintains communication with stakeholders. Provides status reports to
Project Managers, vendors, stakeholders, and resources.
- Facilitates project meetings.
- Addresses problems through risk management and contingency planning
and presents solutions and/or options to executive management.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer