Comcast Human Resources Manager in North Charleston, South Carolina
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for partnering with assigned client organizations and Human Resources team(s) to ensure strategies and initiatives are met. Coordinates recruitment, compliance, benefits, compensation, and employee relations activities to maximize employee resources. Manages
team which may include exempt and non-exempt employees. Serves as subject matter expert and provides guidance to employees as required.
Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies. Assists in the development and meeting of departmental budget.
- Counsels, orientates, and trains managers and supervisors on the interpretation and administration of Human Resources policies. Administers Human Resources policies and procedures as they pertain to all employees.
- Oversees, handles, and manages employee relations issues. Assists with employee counseling, discipline, and grievance handling.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to maintain efficient and effective services.
- Ensures compliance with state, local, and federal guidelines and policies to protect the business and its employees.
- Partners with management to ensure strategic HR goals, policies, and programs are aligned with business initiatives.
- Administers compensation programs and assists in job analysis, job evaluation, and performance management to ensure compliance withdivision guidelines.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Works with business partners to increase employee engagement through leading focus groups and action plans based on annual employee survey
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Partners with management to ensure "employee opinion survey" action planning is successfully implemented.
- Assists employees with questions related to benefits administration and compensation.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Background supporting employee relations and strategic HR initiatives
Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated experience in leadership development and training
- Demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships with leadership.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP designation a plus
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer