Comcast Sr Manager, Government & Regulatory Affairs in Norcross, Georgia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for assisting with local regulatory, franchising, and public
policy matters for assigned geographic area. Executes community impact initiatives. Ensures
operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to
functional strategy development.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Manages franchise renewal and transfer efforts for assigned franchises
consistent with the strategies and policies for the market area.
Prepares franchise renewal applications and supporting data for renewal
negotiations. Assists in preparation of renewal strategy and
participates in franchise renewal negotiations with municipalities
and/or their consultants.
- Supports the government relations and public policy strategy as
developed for the market.
- Identifies important municipal issues of significance to the company.
- Drafts, analyzes, and/or presents legislation, amendments, and
testimony as necessary.
- Reviews, interprets, and communicates meanings of the terms and
conditions of franchises, franchise-related agreements, and other
contracts for implementation to ensure compliance with legal and
- Ensures escalated service complaints are handled appropriately
- Oversees additional duties related to community affairs.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Build, maintain, and strengthen relationships with government and community leaders
- Develop and execute on strategic market plans to align local efforts and investments with company goals
- Support business development opportunities
- Orchestrate Community Impact programs (Comcast Cares Day, Internet Essentials, United Way, Leaders & Achievers, and Comcast Foundation grants) to strengthen relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong public speaking skills and the ability to advocate effectively
- Strong familiarity with government structures and platforms
- Project management and organizational skills would greatly contribute to the candidate's success in this position
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer