Comcast Specialist 3, Governtment & Regulatory Affairs in Norcross, Georgia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for supporting the Company's franchising and compliance
responsibilities. Reviews, coordinates, and interprets legal documents,
such as franchises and any other franchise-related agreements and
contracts entered into, for the purpose of compliance and conformity to
Company standards and requirements. Supports implementation of
activities designed to build relationships with elected officials and
state agencies. Manages specific, structured projects. Has in-depth
experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines
own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Assists in the development of policies and programs to ensure
organizational awareness of government legislation and/or regulatory
issues that affect the organization and respond to same.
- Ensures that the organization's interests are represented and
protected in legislative proceedings and in the development of market
rules and procedures.
- Prepares and organizes forums and gatherings with government officials
to exchange ideas and information on business activities and potential
legislation that may affect the organization.
- Coordinates the preparation and distribution of the following reports
to state and regulatory bodies on a monthly, quarterly, and annual
basis: customer service, regulatory compliance, outages, complaints,
- Reviews, interprets and communicates the meaning of the terms and
conditions of franchises, franchise-related agreements, and other
contracts for implementation by the field to ensure compliance with
- Oversees franchise-required construction and installation of
complimentary cable service to public buildings, including the
negotiation of any additional terms and conditions with Local
Franchising Authorities (LFAs). Provides advice as necessary to field
engineering, accounting, and construction.
- Creates and manages FCC and franchise-required LFA notifications, as
well as franchise-required monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
- Acts as Company liaison to LFAs for information and escalated
- Works with outside survey and research companies to develop
franchise-required customer satisfaction and ascertainment survey tools.
- Manages special projects related to Community Affairs.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Coordinate internal and external meetings and events such as store openings, sponsorship activations, and HQ executive visits
Create and edit correspondence, presentations, and other materials
Provide escalations support as needed
Excellent writing, graphic design and event planning skills
Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Ability to adapt and experiment with new technologies
Ability to thrive in a high-performance culture and team setting
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Communications / Public Relations
- Administrative Certificate
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer