Comcast Specialist 3, Government & Regulatory Affairs (Legal Reg) in Norcross, Georgia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for supporting the Company in meeting regulatory compliance
obligations for video, high speed internet and voice services. Develops,
implements and manages regulatory complaint intake processes and works
with legal and regulatory affairs to conduct legal review on outgoing
correspondence and statements to the Federal Communications Commission
and state regulatory agencies. Drafts, reviews and revises the Company's
responses to customer inquiries submitted to regulatory agencies
concerning important and sensitive topics to ensure the Company's
policies and interests are properly articulated. Has in-depth
experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines
own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Develops, implements and manages regulatory complaint intake programs
and processes to ensure accurate case tracking, issue management and
timely compliance with regulatory due dates.
- Drafts, revises and reviews the Company's responses to customer
inquiries submitted to regulatory agencies concerning important and
sensitive regulatory topics to ensure the Company's interests and
policies are thoughtfully and accurately articulated.
- Conducts meetings and coordinates with internal groups on a regular
basis to thoroughly investigate customer issues concerning important and
sensitive regulatory topics, and ensure outcomes are consistent with the
Company's policies and its regulatory commitments.
- Manages process for case analytics and implements new methodologies to
identify patterns and trends concerning important regulatory topics.
- Develops regular reports and presentation materials on regulatory
complaint trends for senior management.
- Represents department in meetings with internal business units to
advise them of regulatory complaint issues and ensure programmer
compliance with customer facing regulatory requirements, including
closed captioning, video description, and CALM compliance.
- Assists attorneys in developing, researching and revising customer-
facing messaging on escalated regulatory topics for use by regulatory
affairs and other internal groups.
- Oversees the development and expansion of the Regulatory Contacts
- Manages special legal regulatory projects, ad hoc research and other
related activities as needed.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
-Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
-Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Coordinate and assist team members with franchise renewal activities throughout the region
- Support pole agreement renewal efforts to allow efficient review of proposed agreements and prepare responses to pole owners
- Support advocacy in litigation and disputes related to pole issues and other public policy initiatives pursued by External Affairs (e.g., TVA advocacy, NES advocacy, rural broadband grants, one-touch make-ready)
- Maintain and update departmental document library
- Prepare and send required rate and programming notices and 626 letters to local franchising authorities to ensure franchise compliance
- Maintain and update official franchising files and local franchising authority contact database
- Maintain and update influencer database and log team members' influencer touchpoints
- Coordinate responses to information requests from HQ, division, and other internal stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in drafting professional correspondence
- Strong ability to conduct research and compile information in concise reports
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer