Comcast Vice President, Product Management in New York, New York
FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, comprised of FreeWheel Publishers, FreeWheel Markets, and FreeWheel Advertisers empowers all segments of The New TV Ecosystem. We are structured to provide the full breadth of solutions the advertising industry needs to achieve their goals. We power the technology, data enablement, and convergent marketplaces required to ensure buyers and sellers can transact across all screens, across all data types, and all sales channels, in order to ensure the ultimate goal results for marketers. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, London, Paris, Beijing, and across the globe, FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY :
FreeWheel is hiring a New York-based Product Management Markets Unit Head, who will own a product management team focused on the marketplace business unit and be responsible for all aspects of product and platform strategy; product design; production priority and planning; go-to-market efforts for that business unit; and in tight coordination with Engineering and Operations oversee development operations.
This role will define FreeWheel's marketplace product roadmap, establish investment priorities across various (new and existing) product offerings, closely coordinate with engineering leadership on resource utilization/allocation and throughput, and ensure organizational rigor/discipline for bringing products to launch and growing them over time. Working closely with the SVP of Product Managment, the GM of Markets, and Director of Product Operations this role will ensure we are both aimed at the right things and producing them at quality and on time. This person will also be a key voice representing FreeWheel across the industry and will also work closely with leaders across Comcast on numerous cross company strategies and initiatives .
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS :
- Manage the design, build, maintenance of the platform to support a trading desk such that the trading team can find and instantaneously transact optimized deals of multiple transaction types.
- Understanding of basic supply/demand economics, derivatives, auctions, market and limit orders
- Hire, scale, and develop a team that continuously delivers market driven solutions primarily through building applications but also in strategic partnering with key third parties.
-This includes comprehensive talent planning and career management of senior product professionals, growing them into strategic GMs of their product areas
- Own the translation of company vision and strategy into multiple product strategies and overall platform design coherence
-This includes both internally developed offerings and jointly developed offerings with key partners.
-This also includes coordinating product and architectural directions with other units across Comcast
- Lead a team of Product professionals and partner with Clients, Services and Engineering to:
-Define product roadmap priorities and provide resource allocation plan guidance
-Define each software release
-Drive to target goals on overall product production throughput, predictability and quality
- Partner with Sales and Marketing teams and others in the company to successfully bring to market and support products over time.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing to ensure prospects and clients align on industry trends, our strategy and collaborate to deliver their needed capabilities while coordinating with our roadmap.
- Partner with Services, Operations and Advisory Services to ensure appropriate customer feedback and usage patterns are taken into account in future development.
- Participate as a functional leader in all strategic planning processes.
- Be highly visible to our clients, partners, and the marketplace and act as a lead voice in the industry.
In order to be successful, this person must thoroughly understand:
- Market economics, both public and private and transaction types.
- Software strategy, design, development and management at scale.
- How to recognize the pattern in the noise of a very rapidly changing, massive set of global industries around TV and Entertainment.
- What it takes to build and operate multiple products at varying stages of their lifecycle, with resource tradeoffs.
- The tightly interwoven coordination required with other departments including Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Services, etc. and ability to treat them as a client.
- How to speak with customers, be seen as an industry expert and key partner in helping clients navigate a dynamic marketplace.
- How to collaborate and provide consistent, value-added leadership to your team and the company as a whole
- Be able to work remotely with an Engineering team based in Beijing China and across multiple hub locations
- How to grow and motivate strong product leaders at varying stages of their careers
- This position will require frequent and meaningful interaction with very senior clients and prospects. To be a leader in this environment will require the ability to quickly grasp the key elements of the online video, TV and cable businesses, as well as, the ability to effectively work within their organizations in a manner in which senior exec clients and partners look to you for guidance and advice.
- An ability to inspire and motivate a smart, diverse, and extremely ambitious team (existing and new) is critical.
- This position will require travel including international to our Engineering team in China, and Client-base and teams in New York
ABOUT YOU :
- Proven innovative leader of a software product management team in a dynamic SaaS organization.
- Experience successfully bringing new products to market, on-time, on-budget, that achieve success in the marketplace.
- Extraordinary business judgment, team management, communication and interpersonal skills that result in the ability to work effectively and efficiently within the leadership team and with a sophisticated customer base and business partners.
- Hands-on software product management experience.
- Experience executing market, competitive and other user research to develop product strategies that proved successful.
-Experience/knowledge of ad tech, marketplaces, and/or television industry a plus
- Graduate degree a plus, preferably MS in CS and/or an MBA.
- Software engineer experience a plus.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate with others to achieve productive results.
- Able to travel regularly (including international).
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer