Comcast Support Engineer in New York, New York
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
Our team of energetic, creative thinkers is searching for its newest members. Great people who enjoy good work, impressive challenges, and the chance to embody FreeWheel’s tenets:
- Be Kind - You come first. Take care of yourself, your family, and your teammates.
- Assume Positive Intent – We are all in this together.
- Get It Done!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
FreeWheel Global Support is the service delivery leader in the Advertising Management Industry for Premium Video. Support Engineers help Customers drive success in the new TV ecosystem. The team’s contribution is White Glove Service and our product is knowledgeable, empowered customers who champion the FreeWheel brand. This position can be seated in Denver, San Francisco or L.A.
Excellent Customer Experience is delivered through system analysis, solution delivery, and White Glove services. Support Engineers articulate product solutions and market concepts to a mixed skillset of End-users. Using customer requirements, the team develops use cases for Engineering improvements, contributes to product documentation, and provides training to the teams we support.
For the right candidate, this position will allow for tremendous growth and the opportunity to deliver enterprise-level Customer value to industry leaders in the TV ecosystem. Some travel, 10-25%, will be needed. On-call rotational work on some nights, weekends, and during live events is expected.
- Grow into a Subject Matter Expert in market-leading technologies.
- Advocate for Customer Success throughout the organization.
- Train customers to succeed on the FreeWheel platform.
Support Engineers are thorough, deconstructing complex problems and building comprehensive solutions. We enjoy working with people and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrable experience solving complex problems using technical tools like SQL and scripting languages is appreciated and useful. The organization values the ability to quickly adapt and learn new technology. Good candidates submit resumes; great candidates tailor resumes, connect their experience to this role, and express their interest in this industry with a cover letter.
- A Computer Science, Engineering, or related Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years related professional experience and industry experience is a plus, but not required.
- “Be like water, my friend” and adapt to rapidly changing circumstances.
- A creative thinker who thrives on solving complex problems, delivering elegant product solutions, and balancing evolving priorities.- Excited about facing new challenges, comfortable contributing to the direction of the team, and seeking guidance from management and peers.
- Intrigued by Premium Video and the opportunity to make a deep impact on the future of Television.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer