Comcast Sr. Manager, Experience Design in New York, New York
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Who We Are:
Comcast's Experience Design (XD) team is transforming how customers access and enjoy entertainment, communications and home management services across all channels-online, mobile and TV. We look for and create opportunities to educate, enlighten and whenever possible, delight, both new and existing customers. Our goal is to build long-lasting relationships using enhanced flows, smart features and self-healing solutions to foster trust and loyalty. By assembling the country's top designers and thinkers, we're rapidly becoming the premier environment for building and launching one-of-a-kind experiences that make everyday life easier and more entertaining for millions of people.
What We're Looking For:
You'll play a pivotal role in creating user experiences for the largest multi-media and entertainment company in the country. As a Senior Manager on our Advance Products Team, you'll focus on the end-to-end development of products aimed at evolving the digital home for our customers. This team delivers products that enhance the online experience, making it easier to personalize and manage digital products within the whole-home ecosystem. You'll be responsible for seeking out and promoting best practices, communicating between various business and creative teams, developers, designers and product owners. You have a passion for excellent design and compelling experiences and know how to bring both to life, from concept to execution.
What You'll Do:
- Strategize and manage the delivery of individual experiences in the scope of our larger product sets and design ecosystem.
- Demonstrate exceptional visual and product design skills and a mastery of color, composition, form and story with every task and project.
- Ensure a consistent, unified user experience across all platforms, basing decisions on industry-standard methodologies, user research, visual patterns and style guides.
- Lead while still being hands-on because it's easy for you to "think and do" at the same time.
- Solve challenges by translating complex data into key findings and objectives.
- Liaison across multiple teams and disciplines, maintaining a collaborative mindset and expert communication skills.
- 8 years design expertise with interactive customer's experiences
- An exceptional portfolio that showcases interactive and digital product design
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Front End Design (prototyping skills are a plus)
- BA/BS in fine arts, graphic arts, human factors or related field
- Experience solving a broad range of UX design challenges
- A disciplined approach to managing projects, with the expert ability to deliver solid work in a deadline-driven environment
- Self-motivated, collaborative and positive in approach
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Where You'll Hang Your Hat:
You'll be a key player in our New York Experience Design studio in SoHo. Our environment is fast-paced, our team is dynamic and our work is impressive. Much like the city of New York itself.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer