Comcast Product Mgr,Prod Quality Monitoring in New York, New York
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
FreeWheel is hiring a Product Manager, in our New York or San Francisco office, to support our Production Quality Monitoring products. These products are used internally and externally to measure the health of ad serving and integrations. FreeWheel works with the biggest TV programmers and operators in the world. FreeWheel, and our clients need to have the reliability and visibility into their ad serving and integration health that they currently have in their pure linear environments. The Product Quality Monitoring products are mission critical for both FreeWheel and our clients during live events, such as the Superbowl and Olympics, but are also critical on a day-to-day basis as clients implement and roll out new digital and linear TV solutions.
As a Product Manager, you will interface with both internal squads and teams and clients to gather requirements, be responsible for prioritizing and releasing features and maintain a roadmap for these products. The primary goal of internal tools is to see data real-time and be aware of the health of integrations so that we can correct situations quickly and pro-actively notify clients. The primary goal of external tools is to allow clients the type of real-time visibility they currently have with linear integration.
- Own the end-to-end product lifecycle from requirement collection to release planning.
- Help set product strategy and direction for Production Quality Monitors across FreeWheel.
- Work across FreeWheel squads and teams to ensure our monitoring tools capture their needs.
- Identify new technical trends, services and architectures that we can apply to our tools.
- Recognize and understand monitoring and health challenges and then develop solutions to those challenges that can be used internally and adapted to a client solution (even to the point of surfacing information in a client's NOC).
- Understand the FreeWheel data and ad serving architecture to recognize where there are opportunities to improve monitoring.
- Be able to define goals and KPIs for your products against company goals and KPIs.
- Work independently, in an agile environment, to deliver against time-sensitive requirements.
- Position requires approximately 20% time for travel (domestic and international).
- Minimum 3-5 years of Product Management or equivalent experience with successful history of delivering customer-oriented and complex solutions in a fast-moving environment
- Strong experience working with engineering teams building internal tools.
- Experience making reporting and monitoring tools that are accessible via UI and programmatically.
- Engineering and AWS experience a plus.
- Ability to adapt to change in marketplace, development process, and priorities
- Excellent internal and external communication skills across technical and non-technical teams.
- Outstanding project management skills and strong attention to detail
- Must be able to develop a deep understanding of the challenges facing our clients in a changing TV ecosystem that is worth more than $100B worldwide.
- Smart, quirky and can work with a cast of characters.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer