Comcast Product Manager in New York, New York
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
We are looking for a strong product leader with a technical background, good business sense, and an ability to partner closely with engineering, other product managers, user experience, services and revenue teams to deliver our next generation of audience tools.
- Help set product strategy and direction for FreeWheel's Audience products.
- Develop, launch and maintain the entire product life cycle from ideation to market with the help of a cross-functional squad against established, prioritized business goals.
- Identify new product opportunities from industry challenges and perform market/competitive analysis within the audience space to inform product decisions and strategy.
- Holistically understand core business problems and requirements from clients, prospects, sales and support to invent efficient corresponding solutions.
- Be able to work with audience partners, carefully and thoughtfully balancing FreeWheel's clients' interests and needs with those of our partners.
- Oversee Engineering's product development efforts, including product design and feature specifications, and ensure product built is functional, operational and meets requirements, using scrum agile methodologies.
- Define and consistently measure quantifiable success metrics of owned products, especially with each additional feature.
- Consistent exercise of independent sound judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Use limited resources effectively by building business cases for new products/features, prioritizing needs based on squad objectives. Clearly highlight business case assumptions and suggest ways to vet assumptions prior to further investment.
- Maintain a general awareness and understanding of the advertising/media operations and cable TV/content-providers landscape, including vendors, partners, and new dynamic web-advertising technologies, with a focus on audience and measurement.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Position requires approximately 15% time for travel (domestic and international).
- A computer science, math, or engineering undergraduate degree or equivalent, ideally with 5 years of experience in software development or product management in the web-advertising space.
- Strong mathematical, statistical and analytical skills-comfortable with numbers and excited to solve problems that seem difficult at first glance.
- Experience across the product management lifecycle for enterprise products or services.
- Superior communication skills, with colleagues, teams, and customers. You must have the ability to present complicated concepts and details in a clear, concise manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to quickly adapt to change in marketplace, development process, and priorities
- Outstanding project management skills and strong attention to detail
- Must be able to develop an excellent grasp of the strategic, competitive and economic dimensions of our clients' businesses.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer