Comcast Manager, Insights & Analytics in New York, New York
FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, comprised of FreeWheel Publishers, FreeWheel Markets, and FreeWheel Advertisers empowers all segments of The New TV Ecosystem. We are structured to provide the full breadth of solutions the advertising industry needs to achieve their goals. We power the technology, data enablement, and convergent marketplaces required to ensure buyers and sellers can transact across all screens, across all data types, and all sales channels, in order to ensure the ultimate goal results for marketers. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, London, Paris, Beijing, and across the globe, FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
FreeWheel is hiring a Manager, Insights and Analytics based in New York who will report to the Vice President, Advisory Services. In this position, you will manage the the Advisory team's insights and analytics activities, focused on our portfolio of thought leadership research and paid insights projects on behalf of clients. You will also be tasked with overseeing our data infrastructure, internal and external data partnerships, and leading specific analytics engagements. Finally, you will help us identify opportunities to build data and insights into new consulting offerings.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience working and leading projects in an advanced analytics or research & insights group in media, advertising, or technology. Experience in media and, television, or advertising technology is highly valued, but not required, so long as the candidate is highly motivated to learn about the dynamics of the digital video industry. This role requires someone who can help us put into place flexible processes for conducting research, including developing hypotheses, identifying and collecting data, analyzing the data, and distilling findings into insights that are relevant to executive stakeholders, with a focus on storytelling through data.
- Leads analytics consultants to scope, execute, analyze, and deliver insights and analytics engagements
- Sets the strategy for our advisory services insights and analytics offerings, identifies the necessary data, and sources it for our teams from the appropriate internal groups or external partners
- Oversees our Advisory Services data infrastructure, used for digital and linear advertising analytics, and works with product and engineering partners to ensure reliable access to data
- Collaborates with Advisory Services managers to gather use cases for data and advanced analytics transforms use cases into tactical solutions and methods to be deployed across strategic, operational and technical projects.
- Set and manage our thought leadership and strategic insights agenda, overseeing consultants, analysts, and writing partners to ensure timely delivery of high-impact published reports
- Work closely with leadership in Engineering and Product Management to establish database structures, data models and new products that enhance client insight
- Combine expertise about the premium video, television, or digital advertising industries with analytical capabilities to tell insightful data-driven stories that inform executive decision making
- 7 years of experience working in a research, insights, data science, or analytics, in a media, television, advertising, or technology company.
- Demonstrated successes telling stories with data to external clients or internal executives
- Proficient with data analytics and visualization tools such as Python, R, Tableau and Looker
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage and execute endtoend advanced analytics and research projects
- Experience directing teams of junior data scientists or analysts to mine insights from complicated data and develop a compelling narrative
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- A thirst to help answer the most difficult questions facing the premium digital media space from a databacked orientation. A good human who likes to work hard while having fun
- Manages the execution of research projects and assists with communicating findings to appropriate audiences and clients schedules and monitors research activities
- Negotiates to gain cooperation and for resources that directly affect function's performance.
- Delegates project responsibilities and supervises subordinates in all phases of data research, systems maintenance, analysis and reporting.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent, Masters preferred
Life is short. Work someplace great.
FreeWheel offers a dynamic, flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits packages. The challenges we solve are serious, but we're not. We have fun every day because we love what we do. We are on a mission to shape the future of television and this is your chance to be part of it. Want to join the team that's already thinking about what TV is going to look like five years from now?
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer