Comcast Linear Unification Product Manager in New York, New York
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
FreeWheel seeks a Product Manager based in either New York or San Francisco to oversee ongoing enhancements and strategic direction of its premium TV business and to develop new, related product offerings. The areas you'll cover in this role include designing solutions that bring the best of linear ad experiences to digital and vice versa.
In this position, you will be responsible for overseeing the design and development of areas of FreeWheel's platform. A successful candidate will engage with clients, engineering, marketing, sales, services, and other product managers, while developing the next generation of product capabilities. This opportunity offers the right candidate a chance to shape a key product in the FreeWheel portfolio and to drive the future of the video advertising industry.
- Own end-to-end ideation, design, and delivery of features and technologies that enable clients to bring the best of linear ad experiences to digital and vice versa
- Help set product strategy and direction for linear and digital unification
- Indentify new product opportunities from industry trends and challenges, and perform market / competitive analysis to inform product decisions and roadmap
- Partner with various functions including sales, marketing, advisory services and client solutions to successfully position products and features for successful client use
- Participate in the full product enhancement lifecycle, from requirements gathering and prioritization of enhancement requests through design and oversight of implementation
- Develop detailed requirements specifications, including detailed user interface mockups and the business logic
- Position requires approximately 10% time for travel (domestic and international)
- Investigate and analyze market trends, opportunities and the competitive landscape to help guide FreeWheel's strategies and direction as well as help set and evaluate pricing models for new products
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in software design/development or product management with successful history of delivering customer-oriented, complex solutions in a fast-moving environment, ideally in the digital advertising space
- Previous experience with online ad management systems, linear TV ad operations and linear & digital inventory forecasting & planning
- Previous experience with sell-side traditional linear technologies, preferably on programmer side, is a strong plus
- Ability to quickly learn and understand the strategic, process, financial and technical dimensions of our and our customers' businesses and operate comfortably in all areas.
- Ability to identify customers' true underlying business needs, recognize trends and anticipate future customer needs.
- Unparalleled analytical and problem-solving skills. You must have an ability to invent creative solutions to complex business problems with a very high degree of attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication skills. You must have the ability to present intricate and complex concepts and details in a clear, concise manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A bachelor's or graduate level degree from a top-tier school is required. A background in engineering, computer science, mathematics, business or a closely related field is strongly preferred. An advanced degree is also a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer