Comcast Database Architect in New York, New York
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
FreeWheel is hiring a Database Architect based in our New York office who will report to the VP of Production Operations. The ideal candidate will work very closely with the DBAs, R&D, Networking, Technical support and Engineering Architect counterparts to support our platform. The candidate understands SQL and NoSQL database types, data security, consistency, scaling and demonstrates deep familiarity with a variety of tech stacks including Linux based operating systems, MongoDB, MySQL, GTID replication, Cassandra, DB Load Balancing, High availability and InfluxDB.The Database Architect will oversee the team responsible for monitoring, managing and deploying database components. He/She will plan and execute infrastructure capacity (to account for growth), optimize and monitor servers in pre-production & production, of which he/she will ensure availability, backups, updates and security. On-call time is part of the job.
The Database Architect will participate in the technological watch, creation and evolution of processes to automate and industrialize deployments in pre-production & production regions. He/She will understand current system design & schema and drive the vision for its future state. Bringing together technology and business use cases in the overall DB infrastructure will also be an important undertaking. He/She will consistently practice risk management in all aspects of your work, taking Infosec very seriously. He/She will manage database security/integrity and backup procedures, implement security measures, and write disaster recovery plans. He/She will consistently demonstrate skill and experience at optimizing and fine tuning the DB client and server components to ensure high efficiency and low latency of DB replies. He/She will take quality very seriously and work to quantify and evaluate new ways of measuring quality to ensure systems and application uptime and a positive user experience.
- Oversee the team responsible for optimizing DB setups and queries.
- Identify trending gaps and issues in day-to-day performance of DB systems and applications.
- Troubleshoot escalated DB infrastructure and application related issues.
- Propose strategies to anticipate the high volumes of requests and data, and make sure the DB platforms are scaling accordingly.
- Participate in change management and drive best practices.
- Have 12-15 years of experience in DB administration.
- Hands-on technical design experience with an enterprise background is required.
- Strong analytical skills required along with proven understanding of Big data, high redundancy and high availability of NoSQL and SQL databases.
- Strong in MongoDB, MySQL.
- Experience with MySQL GTID replication.
- Experience with Cassandra.
- Experience with InfluxDB.
- Experience working in a cloud infrastructure environment with setup such as AWS RDS.
- Good interpersonal skills along with written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel often and work with a global team.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer