Comcast Business Development Director in New York, New York
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
BlockGraph, a startup being incubated by Comcast, is hiring a Business Development Director to help build the business from the ground up.
Blockgraph is a distributed peer-to-peer platform based on blockchain technology that will improve consumer data security and data-driven advertising effectiveness. We are working with the biggest names in TV and premium video to improve ad planning, addressable targeting, ad execution, and measurement across linear and digital TV. Our business aims to increase the value of advertising as a whole by allowing marketer participants to anonymously match their data sets with programmers, distributors and other marketers in order to target or analyze consumers on any device without giving up proprietary customer information.
As Business Development Director, you will drive commercial success of the BlockGraph platform. Externally, you will be tasked with building relationships with platform participants, evangelizing and selling the BlockGraph platform at all levels of the organization, and influencing the strategic decision-making process. You will be capable of understanding highly technical, bleeding edge technologies and approaches used by Blockgraph, and communicating why they matter to our customers. Internally, you will be tasked with capturing and communicating market and competitive intelligence and helping communicate customer needs.
The ability to effectively work within a startup organization is critical, you must be able to wear many hats and adjust focus as priorities evolve. BlockGraph works in an agile, lean startup mode so the work is fluid and fast paced. This position also requires being comfortable with uncertainty and effectively understanding and balancing the needs of many large participant clients with the platform's focus on speed of creation and innovation.
This position will require domestic and international travel to clients in the US and Europe.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Pursue, engage, and build consultative relationships with with C-level executives at the world's largest Marketing/Advertising and Media Companies to articulate and sell the BlockGraph platform and its unique value proposition
- Intimately understand and be able to speak to the specific data-driven advertising needs of each customer segment: Marketers/Advertisers, Broadcasters/Programmers, MVPDs, and Consumer Device Companies
- Ability to grow existing participant relationships to generate future commercial opportunities
- Identify, source and close new participant clients through referrals, networking, and other means (trade shows, organizations, etc ) with a keen focus on building out BlockGraphs advertiser/marketer participation
- Lead design and execution of Blockgraph's end-to-end sales strategy, process, and CRM from the ground up
- Ability to understand and communicate the nuance and value proposition of decentralized peer-to-peer platforms versus traditional centralized business models
- Proven ability and track record in developing and closing enterprise technology deals
- Strong consultative sales skills, relationship building, external and internal customer satisfaction management
- Self-starter capable of thriving in a startup company environment
- Ideally possess a deep understanding of the TV and Premium Video advertising industry and related technologies
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), negotiation and presentation skills
- Possess strong relationships with decision makers at Advertisers (e.g., CMO level)
- Capable of effectively interacting across companies, roles and organizational levels
- BA/BS required
- Generally requires 9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer