Comcast Advisory Services Associate in New York, New York
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Advisory Services team helps FreeWheel's premium publisher and distributor clients solve some of their most complicated problems around building and growing their businesses. The New York-based Advisory Services Associate will support this mission by leveraging product expertise, business and analytical skills and program management best practices to drive successful client engagements that deliver maximum value to FreeWheel customers. The Advisory Services Associate will report to Manager, Advisory Services based in New York, NY.
This is the perfect role if you like rolling up your sleeves and solving complicated, client-facing problems and you
- Want to become an expert in the business and technology behind the future of television
- Want to work with the biggest names in the industry like Viacom, ESPN, FOX, and Sky
- Enjoy thinking about how business problems connect to technical solutions
- Are looking for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial working environment that's a leader in the television advertising technology space
- Execute management and technology consulting projects with leading media companies, pay-TV operators and online publishers
- Gather and analyze data related to customer requirements, usage, and best practices through qualitative interviews, quantitative data analysis, and technical investigation
- Provide hands-on guidance, problem solving, and expertise to FreeWheel clients that connect their business needs with the appropriate technical capabilities
- Interact frequently with senior clients and prospects, quickly grasping the key elements of their businesses in order to help deliver high value Advisory Services
- Work with FreeWheel Sales, Engineering and Product teams to deliver actionable recommendations that help clients achieve their business goals through the use of FreeWheel technology
- Provide strong thought leadership and presence across large, premium clients, from Executive team to day-to-day FreeWheel product suite users
- Communicate clearly between technical, non-technical, and executive stakeholders
- Become an expert in the business and technology powering the future of television, fluent in online video business models, technology, and metrics
- While most of our clients are in New York, some projects may require travel up to 20% of the time.
- 2-5 years of experience with a management consulting firm, television programmer, technology company, or media agency with client facing responsibilities.
- Strong technical acumen and ability to quickly learn and problem solve new technologies. Understanding of digital advertising, media technology, or ad-tech strongly preferred.
- General understanding and excitement around the online video business or the TV and cable industry and the challenges facing both the industry, content owners and distributors.
- Adept at simplifying complex technical concepts to be digestible by a business audience; experience working as a liaison between business and technical stakeholders
- Strong Project/Program Management experience and organizational skills, with demonstrated experience leading client-facing projects and translating business requirements into actionable deliverables
- A self-starter who can proactively manage yourself against a robust workload with multiple concurrent projects and tight deadlines, from engagement design through execution.
- Experienced with ad server, order management technologies, and/or CRM tools
- Comfortable with numbers and quantitative analytics, with a strong proficiency in Excel. Experience with SQL, Python, or other analysis tools a strong plus.
- Able to independently structure and build presentations at all levels of insight, including executive level overviews and detailed workplans
- Able to operate comfortably across different client disciplines from Ad Operations, Sales, Editorial, Technology, Finance and Corporate Strategy
- Possess the leadership skills and "executive presence" necessary to work with large and complex clients
- BA/BS degree, preferably in a technical, business, or quantitative discipline; MA degree in similar fields highly preferred
Life is short. Work someplace great.
FreeWheel offers a dynamic, flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits packages. The challenges we solve are serious, but we're not. We have fun everyday because we love what we do. We are on a mission to shape the future of television and this is your chance to be part of it. Want to join the team that's already thinking about what TV is going to look like five years from now?
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer