Comcast Account Manager in New York, New York
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Responsible for managing all post-sale activities of assigned client accounts, including increasing seller time for sellers, post-sale stewardship, coordinating production activities, post-sale reporting, and providing excellent client support and management. Ensure team meets workflow benchmarks and deadlines on a regular basis. Mentor junior team members to ensure cohesive team capabilities and operations. Work closely with the Manager of Account Services and Division department heads to ensure product deployment and processes are efficient and effective. Partner with sales leaders in assigned areas to ensure Account Management team is aligned with sales goals. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and share expertise. Serve as back-up for the Manager of Account Services and/or Senior Manager of Account Services during absences and peak workloads.
- Maximize revenue retention by determining best solution for make goods based upon experience with and knowledge of client, client’s preferences, and campaign goals. Lead efforts to ensure complete, effective resolution for all schedule and client issues. Independently manage and advise upon pre-empt notices, oversell reports, and other related inventory information.
- Act as subject matter expert on all Account Services related materials, answer questions and support colleagues with less experience as needed on daily activities (revisions, account strategy, online orders, make-goods, credit & collections, client relations). Implement new process roll-outs with team. Train new hires and back-up Manager of Account Services when Manager of Account Services is out of office.
- Coordinate and process all client contracts, revisions, and copy into a traffic-ready status, including transferring orders from Sales to Traffic/Stewardship, facilitating copy instructions and related communications between clients and traffic, and processing revisions as required. Monitor and work with traffic to ensure fulfillment of special requirements. Research discrepancies, inconsistencies and recommend alternatives to ensure full client satisfaction.
- Contribute to strategic account team meetings to ensure success of live campaigns. Evaluate campaign effectiveness and make recommendations to promotions, Account Executive and Account Planner to support the execution of promotions and promotional ideas.
- Act as liaison between sales and traffic for questions and communication. Develop and implement processes to ensure proper coding of all orders to ensure timely Coop reimbursement.
- Conduct weekly meetings with Account Executive and Account Planner to share account statuses and information, solve problems.
- Research and manage Special Event Tracker (SET) discrepancies and recommend adjustments as needed to ensure proper scheduling of tracked events and programming, consult the SET for make-good opportunities.
- Provide recommended data and insight to Account Planner as needed for Customer Care reports. Follow campaigns closely and communicate relevant metrics and successes to improve performance and aid in retention.
- Consult incomplete/expired lines and/or pre-emption reports on a daily and weekly basis; research and recommend make-goods through e-revisions.
- Complete revisions as necessary at request of Inventory Manager, due to inventory concerns within sporting and special events.
- Own campaign management and recommendations of effective copy/ideas to agency and clients.
- Follow the online campaigns closely and communicate relevant click-through and creative success to improve performance and aid in retention. Process Video On Demand (VOD), Ready-Remind-Record (RRR), and Request for Information (RFI) campaigns utilizing Digital Express (online software program) and advanced media features to ensure proper airing of campaigns.
- Process screen shot requests through Media Trust as needed, consult Online Under-Delivery report and enter make-goods utilizing Digital Express. Monitor and manage relevant metrics to ensure proper airing of Interactive Campaigns, troubleshoot and recommend solutions to shortfalls and issues.
- Lead the processing and follow-up of credit and collection-related activities, including resolving billing discrepancies, answering client billing and invoicing inquiries and requests, and additional credit and collection support as needed.
- Recommend and complete e-adjustments based on client/account knowledge, communication with client, business needs. Resolve Central Billing issues before billing deadlines. Research and collaborate with Business Operations to answer Account Executive and client requests.
- Coordinate production activities between client, account executives, production and creative services, ensuring a timely and complete production process and ensuring proper communication between production, creative services, client, and traffic.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5 years related experience.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer