Comcast Manager 2, XOC in New Castle, Delaware
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8a-5p
Responsible for managing the Excellence in Operations team that
monitors, repairs, and maintains network infrastructure. Implements and
ensures adherence to department procedures, processes, and policies.
Maintains relationships with people across a variety of functional areas
within the organization. Plans and leads projects and provides
expertise in cross-functional project teams. Has overall responsibility
for developing/administering performance standards for organizational
unit. Develops processes and procedures to implement functional
strategies. Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures
operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to
functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on
business results, and typically manages one or more groups of
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Develops or updates department policies, procedures, and processes.
Oversees the implementation of XOC Service Level Agreements, policies,
procedures, and processes to ensure efficient and effective support for
all operating systems.
- Ensures that established National Service Level Agreements for all
processes and procedures are followed at all levels.
- Oversees implementation of, and maintains monitoring processes for:
all services, network performance, network maintenance,
telecommunications maintenance, facilities management, CMTS, and overall
- Ensures proper tracking and reporting of network related measurements
including network health reports, post-mortem of outages, outage
reports, headend reports, trending reports/analysis, and
- Plans and leads department projects and initiatives and provides
expertise and leadership in cross-functional project teams.
- Ensures all department projects and initiatives are completed on time
and within budget.
- Develops team performance standards and conducts performance reviews
to ensure that staff is operating at optimum efficiency and in
accordance with Company standards.
- Ensures that department strategies are integrated into daily goals and
- Develops, trains, and mentors staff and ensures they have the
resources available to competently and efficiently perform their duties.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer