Comcast HFC TECH 1, XOC in New Castle, Delaware
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for analysis, dispatch, ticket prioritization, customer callbacks, validation and correlation of escalated customer tickets to resolution at the HFC Service desk under supervision and guidance of senior HFC Network Technicians and management. Responsible for validating HFC resolutions.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Responds to power supply alerts/alarms.
- Analyze and ticket events based on alarms and/or automated systems which includes knowledge of IVR and correlations.
- Coordinates with other roles, inside and outside the Excellence in Operations (XOC) department, including issues where HFC issues are suspected and when unclear if multi-node issues are HFC or headend related.
- Isolates Video, High Speed Internet, and Telephony problems by correlating information from network surveillance equipment, diagnostics tools, and reported information to accurately direct fix organizations and personnel to most likely source of problem.
- Escalates outage events and/or impairments to the appropriate individuals and organizations when not resolved in the prescribed amount of time. Escalates to appropriate fix agency, as necessary, when pre- defined meantimes to repair metrics are in jeopardy of not meeting PUC and FCC requirements.
- Tracks scheduled network maintenance activities in applicable tools, analyzing the duration and potential impact to customers and ensuring they are consistent with approved times for these activities.
- Manages communications throughout resolution with customer, field staff, and any internal staff as needed.
- Reviews and tracks scheduled maintenance (planned outages) using defined procedures so that each affected area receives notice as required. Maintains and monitors multiple queues through TTS and CSG.
Isolates and/or identifies network versus headend issues.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- High School or Equivalent
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer