Comcast Analyst 4, Billing Systems in Nashville, Tennessee
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for acting as Lead Analyst in the daily operations of theBilling Systems department. Assists in the standardization of policiesand procedures. Implements software upgrades, software conversions, newtechnologies roll outs in the markets, process of testing procedures fornew and modified applications, and software enhancements to the
reporting system. Provides support during implementation of newtools/technologies including: InfoDDP, Data Warehouse, DAC, DNCS, COMET,SQL, SRS Reporting, COGNOS, Oracle, and billing system softwarereleases. Develops, maintains, and utilizes external databases forrequests that cannot be accomplished through the billing system.
Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as akey contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams orprojects and shares expertise.
- Develops and evaluates strategies for existing reporting personnel.
- Applies extensive knowledge of Billing Systems database to meetreporting requests and helps other departments improve efficiencies.
- Analyzes reports and billing systems.
- Monitors all data output to assure validity to the user, as well asmaintain integrity of the database.
- Reviews and evaluates existing workflow of the department and makesrecommendations to help improve processes.
- Researches new projects and the impact of those projects for alldepartments.
- Serves as a point person for Billing Systems department in projectplanning meetings.
- Trains and provides guidance to others regarding any reportingprocesses.
- Provides timely written and verbal communication on updates ofprojects.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in mattersof significance.
- Build and validate SSRS reports.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to worknights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science
- COGNOS, Oracle and Teradata a plus
- Generally requires 7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer