Comcast Engineer 4 Advanced Products Installation in Naperville, Illinois
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation's largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
Responsible for leading the Test & Turn Up team in designing, testing,
and turning up circuits in all regions of the CDV and/or Commercial
Services network. Resolves all first level escalations in an organized
and timely fashion and escalates issues to leadership in a timely
manner, as needed. May direct work priorities and delegate tasks to the
team. Provides project management and status updates. Integrates
knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key
contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or
projects and shares expertise.
- Designs internal circuits and oversees CDV demark to switch. Includes
port assignments both in databases and in the physical network elements.
- Tests and turns up new circuits in a production CDV and/or Commercial
Services environment, according to Comcast practices. May recommend new
practices and procedures, as necessary.
- Executes operation practices to support a carrier class network with a
- Analyzes operations and work performance to assure operation
- Coordinates and resolves service issues with providers and vendors to
ensure accurate and timely implementation of new trunk groups and
augments to existing trunk groups.
- Coordinates and implements new features, technologies, upgrades, and
patches in the production environment with respect to circuit design,
turn up, and test.
- Escalates critical issues that may jeopardize turn up of a new trunk
group or augment to an existing trunk group to management or third
- Coordinates with leadership and internal customers to develop best in
class process and workload distribution.
- Provides expertise and guidance to junior team members.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer