Comcast Spec 2, Product Sales Support & Analysis in Mt. Laurel, New Jersey
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation's largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
The Specialist-2 position is responsible for ensuring the order accuracy of Metro-E, Carrier and Cell Backhaul orders.
Order accuracy includes verification based on clean order policy. Clean order policy ensures all information is received
for order entry, provisioning, network operations center and billing to build, invoice and support the Ethernet and Carrier Ethernet services.
The Metro-E customer base includes E-Rate, Rural Healthcare & California Teleconnect Fund orders which must follow federal guidelines.
The Order Management position requires the ability to understand contractual obligations, service level agreements, network designs,
plant test dates (PTD), access service requests (ASR) and firm order commitment (FOC). This position will work closely with Sales,
Design Engineering, Project Management, Provisioning, Network Operations and Billing.
Manage all order verification and order entry aspects for Ethernet and Carrier Ethernet (cell backhaul) customers.
- Work with sales and sales design engineers for order clarification.
- Following the "clean" order requirements for processing of order.
-Enter Metro-E and Carrier orders into customer management system and track order to completion.
- Process Access Service Requests (ASRs) received from cell backhaul customers for service in customer management system.
- Track to completion.
- Responsible for creating and submitting Change Management ticket for Metro-E, Carrier & Cell Backhaul tower turn-ups.
- Change Management tickets require coordination with Project
- Management, Network Engineering and Network Operations for Plant Test Dates, Juniper Scripts, SMOPs and Elements.
- Effectively communicates both verbally and written with internal groups regarding orders, change management tickets, issues
or escalations and works to ensure a timely delivery of service.
- Participate in conference calls pertaining to customer installations. Document and respond to action items as necessary.
- Provide support to internal groups regarding contract price changes and order inquiries.
- Proactively drives Order Management tasks to completion. Prioritizes work to complete tasks and works with minimal supervision.
- Other duties as assigned
-Five to seven years of Telecommunications experience. Experience supporting Metro Ethernet, Carrier or Cell Backhaul a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- One to two years project management experience a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of data services/solutions
- Dynamic Routing (Border Gateway Protocol)
- Static Routing
- IP Address Allocation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite specifically Excel, Word & Power Point.
- Experience tracking orders and identifying issues in order processing which impacts service installation and customer billing.
- Knowledge of Comcast Business Services Enterprise process and tools a plus.
- Experience with analyzing customer invoices a plus
- A strong commitment to customer experience
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, timelines and demands of the business environment.
- Self-motivated individual with a dedicated sense of follow-up
- Advanced oral and written communication-
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, makingcall backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Responsible for administering sales reports and client activity for
Product Sales Support team. Provides analytical and statistical support
and prepares standard sales forecasts, budgets, projections, and other
- Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly sales reports. Tracking,
verifying, and reporting data for the Sales team to support sales
initiatives including sales incentives and contests.
- Responds to and resolves basic account calls and/or escalates
non-technical issues for all accounts to the Product Sales Support
- Receives agreements from the product sales team and enters the information
- Acts asliaison between Sales, Marketing, and IT to provide
insight-driven and actionable database query requirements.
- Maintains current information on Comcast products, services,
equipment, and marketing promotions.
- Conducts clerical research which requires an understanding of
departmental programs, policies, and procedures.
- Researches, processes, and manage customer escalations.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Marketing background preferred
- MS Office experience preferred
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.