Comcast Eng2,Network Engineering in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience.We work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Comcast's National Backbone Engineering team is seeking a self-motivated, driven engineer with networking skills to help transform and operate Comcast's national Converged IP Network. Primary role will be supporting several internal teams in the coordination and implementation of engineering requests for capacity augments and network upgrades in support of Comcast's objectives for the Backbone Network. This engineer will be responsible for the design, configuration, activation and operational support of Comcast's Backbone peering network. Also, act as a Liaison between various entities and Customers to offer unique technical solutions as needed. Complies with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedures.
A comprehensive knowledge in router configuration.
Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge
Ability to provide input in to creation of automated systems.
Ability to comprehend and utilize automated network configuration platforms.
Develops solutions to a wide range of difficult problems or procedures.
Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
Determines resources, technology and course of action to achieve results.
Works with project management to deliver capacity/solutions that meet or exceed requirements and schedules.
Manage circuits from order entry through test and turn up.
Ability to interpret Engineering Designs and extract relevant network elements for identifying new equipment, affected elements and complete connectivity requirements.
Create Comcast Network Maintenance tickets associated with Service Affecting (SA) and Non-Service Affecting (NSA) activity and accurately identify all affected circuits or network elements.
Builds and maintains ongoing relationships with the regions, local markets, vendors and customers.
Make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
CCNA required or equivalent work experience.
CCNP and/or Transport Equipment Experience is a plus.
Possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills; a commitment to excellence.
Possess creative ability, credibility, self-confidence and independence.
Able to work under pressure, make priority decisions and multi-task.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- Authorization to work in the US is required
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job-Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Determines and implements corporate communications network and information technology standards.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex network issues.
- Determines and documents internal telecommunications systems.
- Designs and configures telecommunications systems.
- Establishes and maintains network performance objectives.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.