Comcast Eng 4, Netwrk Engineering(Arch & Design) in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for detailed design, implementation coordination, and technical lead level resourcing for new product integration across Comcast's converged IP Network, at a market orinfrastructure level. Accountable for monitoring and influencing relevant standards bodies across Transport and IP layer to influence and incorporate emerging technologies that reduce costs, increase flexibility, and drive better scale across Comcast Infrastructure. Design, beta and launch new integrated voice, video and data products across Converged Network. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Applies tactical and strategic approaches to design and new product introduction; balances constraints and opportunities to drive engineering consensus for new product introduction and methodology.
- Interfaces across the ecosystem to ensure thorough vetting of solution.
- Leads matrixed teams, and serves as network technical liaison with adjacent product and engineering teams to ensure smooth introduction of new products.
- Produces, reviews, and coaches junior engineers' job roles in detailed design work, SMOP creation, and operations execution of complex change across converged environment.
- Work in a heavily matrixed environment, and act as integrated team member or leader with virtual teams to shorten R&D and Design cycle for new products and network evolution.
- Creates and documents high-level, detailed network designs.
- Communicates applicable design guidelines and provides guidance to ensure compliance.
- Strong initiative to build relationships both internally and externally with minimal supervision/direction from management.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- CCNP required; F5-SEL/SEG preferred; Perl, Python UNIX Scripting languages a plus
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience.
Comcast is anEOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.