Comcast Sr. Director, Commercial Security Solutions in Moorestown, New Jersey
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
The Senior Director of Commercial Security Solutions, a senior executive residing within Comcast Technology and Product Security organization, is responsible for leading the overall strategy, execution and roadmaps of cybersecurity solutions and services for Comcast business and residential customers. This position will ensure all security offerings and technologies operate in compliance with all established polices and SLAs, across all aspects of the security operating framework. This position will oversee the engineering of commercial security products and technology management roadmaps, the development and delivery of security tool standards and procedures, assist with technology and security solution architecture planning and adoption. In addition, this position will be working closely with the Enterprise Security, Security Analytics and Architecture teams to drive cybersecurity maturity, tools efficacy and long term strategic alliance between enterprise and commercial security constructs.
The Sr. Director should have a deep technical understanding of application, host, cloud and network security practices. Must be familiar with security industry standards and best practices, and must be able to effectively work with development, engineering and operational counterparts, across a broad deeply technical environment in all security areas common within an IP Carrier Services Provider industry. This role will forecast and coordinate with enterprise engineering counterparts on all aspects of the security solution lifecycle through proof of concept, business analysis and financial modeling, to solution aging and decommissioning/displacement from operational production environments. The Sr. Director will assist their leadership with ensuring all commercial security solutions and technologies are properly supported, implemented and sufficiently meet the needs for which they are deployed to protect Comcast customers' vital business and information assets.
- Oversee the Commercial Security Solutions organization, consisting of direct and indirect reports (including FTE employees, contract and MSS staff, external service providers and key technology partners and vendors). This includes hiring, training, staff development, performance management, and crisis/incident support.
- Develop and manage information security budget forecast, expense, and technology, service and vendor roadmaps.
- Liaise with external agencies, such as law enforcement, standards and technology organization, advisory bodies and industry and peer working groups as necessary, to ensure that the organization maintains a strong security posture and technical congruency.
- Work directly with Comcast Business partners to facilitate marketing analysis, solution requirements and technology roadmaps to ensure compliance with industry and regulatory standards.
- Sustain high-availability service levels and ensure fulfillment of business-wide service levels and operational support objectives.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve quality of security services, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and provide quality seamless customer service.
- Possess broad knowledge and deep understanding of advanced security technologies, IP services, ISP operations, Telecommunications and emerging threat and intelligence trending.
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in cyber security engineering and/or related security areas with at least 8 years of direct people management experience.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree or higher in the field of engineering, computer science or equivalent advance technology field of study
- Experience with ISP, Telephony or Broadband/Narrowband transmission or transport infrastructure
- Experience building commercial security solutions and services in Telecom or related industry.
- Strong working and practical knowledge of network security, endpoint security and TCP/IP and UDP/IP networking.
- Experience with the following: SSL, HTTPS, PGP, AES, DES, SSH, SCP, Kerberos, IPSEC, PKI.
- Excellent understanding of the Internet protocol version 4 and 6 suite, e.g. Radius, BOOTP, ARP, IP, ICMP, BGP, OSPF, TCP, UDP, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, SMTP, SIP, GRE, Netflow/cflowd and POP3
- Policy creation and rule design and updates for the administration security control systems
- Experience with change management lifecycle, development and regular preparation of management status and key metrics reports
- Should have strong process and procedure ownership experience for audit and control systems
- Technical working knowledge and proficiency with next-gen firewalls, proxy, deep packet inspection, malware detection, IDS/IPS, encryption and key management, network anomaly detection, security analytics, DDoS mitigation and network performance and capacity management.
- Ability to translate cyber security threats from a technical perspective to business-line understanding and execution
- Ability to manage extremely technical staff working on very sensitive subject areas and with extremely sensitive information
- High level of personal integrity, with the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and exudes the appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- Must have strong business and financial acumen to make sound business and budgeting decisions.
- Must be a strong communicator with exceptional verbal and written communication skills to translate the vision and strategy into clear priorities and direction, both internally and externally.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Field of Study: Computer Engineering or Science, Information Sciences Technology, Cyber Security
Certifications: Relevant cyber security certifications, such as CISSP, CISM and/or PMP are highly desired
Years of Experience: Generally requires 10 years related experience
Travel: Up to 20%, ability to travel within the Comcast geographic areas
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer