Comcast Security Engineer 1, Threat Management in Moorestown, New Jersey
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for conducting technical cybersecurity investigations utilizing leading forensic software to identify, collect, preserve and analyze electronic data from across variant technologies. The position will involve active participation in all phases of incident response and digital forensic evidence collection including malware reverse engineering. Responsible for determining the scope of a potential security breach by employing host and network based forensic analysis, determining if the activity was ultimately successful in compromising security controls and coordinating root cause analysis. Works independently with minimal-to-no supervision while also demonstrating the ability to be a subject matter expert on projects and initiatives autonomously.
- Evaluates, designs and implements cybersecurity forensics solutions to pre-stage ecosystem for use during an investigation
- Examining systems for points of intrusion and recreate breach scenario
- Overseeing chain of custody by maintaining preservation, collection, processing and production of electronically stored evidence
- Conducting host and network based data forensic investigations
- Working closely with various groups, such as Investigations, internal and external counsel, internal audit, security, and human resources on internal matters
- Provide support to the Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) in the effective detection, analysis, and containment of attacks
- Collaborate and build relationships across the organization and in industry groups to obtain the latest investigative best practices
- Analyze malware and perform reverse engineering to drive intelligence, assist in containment and eradication
- Create briefings to educate leadership, IT operations staff, and users about technical threats
Skill and Abilities
- Demonstrate proficiency skills and deep technical knowledge of cybersecurity forensic collection and data analysis tools (e.g., EnCase, FTK, X-Ways, TSK, Volatility, Honeyd, Firebug, Burpsuite, Redline, Cellebrite)
- Ability to perform as subject matter expert on technical incident response handling and digital forensics that is capable of planning, executing, and directing all phases of incident response
- Solid understanding of threat actor techniques related to reconnaissance, server attacks (with emphasis on web applications), end-user attacks, network-based attacks, expanding foothold (pivoting), and hiding tracks
- Knowledge and understanding of Linux, Windows, Mac OSX operating systems, and network routers / switches
- Proficiency in information security principles and standards
- Knowledge of and experience with incident handling procedures and pursuing incidents.
- Experience determining cause and extent of data loss and advice on remediation plan
- Ability to present risks and propose countermeasures to non-technical audience
- Demonstrated proficient decision making skills, analytical and problem solving ability
- Ability to deliver succinct and fact-based communications, both verbally and in writing, and at various management layers
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Field of Study: Information Assurance, Computer Science or related field
Certifications: Preferred: EnCE, CISSP, or other relevant certifications
Years' Experience: Requires 1-3 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.