Comcast Manager Headend in Mishawaka, Indiana
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for managing and coordinating the daily job functions of
Headend Technicians, Engineers, and the daily operations of assigned
facilities. Establishes performance goals and monitors progress through
coaching, mentoring, and career development. Configures and manages the
lab on a daily basis. Assists in the planning and implementation of new
product introductions. Interprets, maintains, and installs network
management systems. Leads assigned projects and ensures that they are
finished on time and in adherence to the budget.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Provides training and guidance to technical personnel.
- Assists Field and Headend Technicians with technical problems.
- Interfaces with other departments regarding daily error reporting and
- Coordinates with Operations staff regarding digital and analog
- Submits regular reports to senior management; partners with senior
management to prepare the department budget.
- Manages all third-party integrations; works with product owners to
assess integrations and perform the planning, design, and ongoing
management of the lab.
- Researches potential headend equipment purchases; reviews purchase
requests and suggests changes to better meet operational and budgetary
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer